Wow - only crap tickets left for Gtown and Louisville | Syracusefan.com

Wow - only crap tickets left for Gtown and Louisville

thebigeast44

Starter
On-line at 10 am - only long range available for those games. First time this has ever happened when ordering tickets. On hold right now on the phone- looks like I won't be going to those games :(

Thousands of decent seats are being held for some of the packages they are still selling. They have a Pick 6 Package for $160 that can include Georgetown. Their Family Packs are $109 for 2 adult / 2 youth tix for Georgetown. I just got back from the dome and got 16 seats for Georgetown in Section 317 via the Family Pack.

So if you really want to go to Georgetown or Lville and sit in a good seat just buy a package. If you wait a few weeks and keep checking back those seats will eventually open up and be for sale individually once they stop selling the packages.

Problem is not everyone can take advantage of those packs - or I should say they are not right for everyone. Thanks for pointing them out though for folks.

The real problem is here:

http://www.stubhub.com/syracuse-basketball-tickets/syracuse-vs-georgetown-2-23-2013-4139131/

The pre-sales the last couple of days have allowed alumni and season ticket holders and anyone else with those codes to load up on those tickets and scalp them on Stubhub and elsewhere. All SU had to do was not allow pre-sales to those games and folks like me could have got a decent seat at a decent price. Now I'd have to spend an arm and a leg to go to the game. And that sucks.

Thousands of decent seats are being held for some of the packages they are still selling. They have a Pick 6 Package for $160 that can include Georgetown. Their Family Packs are $109 for 2 adult / 2 youth tix for Georgetown. I just got back from the dome and got 16 seats for Georgetown in Section 317 via the Family Pack.

So if you really want to go to Georgetown or Lville and sit in a good seat just buy a package. If you wait a few weeks and keep checking back those seats will eventually open up and be for sale individually once they stop selling the packages.

Yes. Don't worry about it; just check back periodically and you'll find decent seats. Except for the (extremely rare) sellouts, they hold some seats until the week of the game. Every game last season had 100-level seats for sale seven to ten days out (even Connecticut and Louisville). And a good number in the corners of 300 (306 and ~314) tend to get released at that time also.

If we get a ton of wins and Georgetown starts to look like a record-breaker, though, disregard this advice.

The only problem in all of this is that the Gtown game will likely sell out not because Gtown has a great team but because it's the last Big East home game ever against them. The Louisville game is really the biggest game of the year.

I was able to land 2 tickets in 316 row WW for Louisville - if you call that landing tickets - hope I don't hit my head on the Dome roof when I'm up that high :) I did get 4 decent seats for Notre Dame. I'm somewhat interested in Villanova and St. John's since they are old time Big East rivals. But as I said above, I'm limited in the number of games I can get to a year. So I'll hold off and hope for the best for GTown. Ideally I'd like 4 tickets but could get by with 2.

Go Orange!

That's why I got the 6 pack deal. Didn't need seasons but didn't want to chance the individual sale.