Wow, the Big East reemerges as the new Conference USA | Syracusefan.com

Wow, the Big East reemerges as the new Conference USA

appealing new conference rivalries for uconn, at least!

How long until it just becomes NCAA Northeast, NCAA Mid Atlantic, NCAA Midwest etc etc etc.. the sad thing is how many pending moves there are vs confirmed moves... I can't keep up

How long until it just becomes NCAA Northeast, NCAA Mid Atlantic, NCAA Midwest etc etc etc.. the sad thing is how many pending moves there are vs confirmed moves... I can't keep up
Agree, quite confusing. Rutgers to Pac-10, Pac-12, whatever they call themselves now? Kentucky to D-League? UConn to WNBA? zing zing zing.

Ummmm, why all this glee and snarky comments?
Have we learned nothing from our own evolving situation in the ACC?
Two weeks ago we were laughing at Rutgers, now we're hoping our new league remains viable-
and who's to say what'll it look like after all is said and done?.
Frankly, I just don't see how pointing and laughing at the BE is a smart idea right now.
JMHO :noidea:

Two weeks ago we were laughing at Rutgers, now we're hoping our new league remains viable-
Frankly, I just don't see how pointing and laughing at the BE is a smart idea right now.

I agree- the football schools sound like they may explore bolting. Gulp.

And people here didn't "get" why we left the Big East.

I never liked the idea of leaving. What happened to tradition? Rivalries we've had all these years? Still, I do laugh at the two words Juggernaut and Tulane used in the same sentence. I really do wish none of this nonsense took place to begin with.

I think that down the road time, what would be sensible is to "realign" everyone and put schools in conferences that represent their geographic location. Never gonna happen ($$$), but still, it seems more sensible than this mess.

I never liked the idea of leaving. What happened to tradition? Rivalries we've had all these years? Still, I do laugh at the two words Juggernaut and Tulane used in the same sentence. I really do wish none of this nonsense took place to begin with.

I think that down the road time, what would be sensible is to "realign" everyone and put schools in conferences that represent their geographic location. Never gonna happen ($$$), but still, it seems more sensible than this mess.
Our rivals moved to the ACC, and we weren't going to go the ways of Gtown and Nova and St. Johns. We can continue these rivalries OOC.

what on earth is the crew in Providence thinking? The mission of protecting the football programs has failed . . . they need to adjust their strategy to begin protecting their flagship basketball schools.

what on earth is the crew in Providence thinking? The mission of protecting the football programs has failed . . . they need to adjust their strategy to begin protecting their flagship basketball schools.
I think a basketball-only conference will be the end result for the Big East, with the others scattering with the winds.

Fran Fraschilla@franfraschilla
Can't wait for the Tulane-Providence game at the Dunk. What the hell happened to Dave Gavitt's Big East?

Kevin McNamara@KevinMcNamara33
@franfraschilla Dead and Gone Coach.

The ACC suddenly doesn't look all that stable, either. Maryland is leaving and FSU, Clemson, and VT would love to bolt to the Big12 or SEC if they could finagle it. The ACC was attractive to Syracuse because of the football, we all laugh that the Big East is turning in to Conference USA, but it'd be a shame if the ACC turned into the Big East circa 2006.

I feel terrible about the state of the future Big East. A great league that made greater memories.. I'm beginning to think it would be better for everyone if they just made it a non-football league or just let it die. All these new schools with meager histories will be an embarrassment to the brand. At least Tulane and SU shared Roy Danforth. Boy did Roy ever make a mistake leaving SU.

New
The ACC suddenly doesn't look all that stable, either. Maryland is leaving and FSU, Clemson, and VT would love to bolt to the Big12 or SEC if they could finagle it. The ACC was attractive to Syracuse because of the football, we all laugh that the Big East is turning in to Conference USA, but it'd be a shame if the ACC turned into the Big East circa 2006.

I think the Big 10 would probably bail us out if needed. I always thought if SU lef tthe Big East it would be to go to the Big 10.​

FSU, Clemson, and VT would love to bolt to the SEC. Bevo12? Not so much.

If the Big East would've stayed strong, stayed together - which would've been hard to do given that ESPN wanted to destroy it - Tulane might be in the ACC right now. It all depends on who the ACC would've added as the 13th and 14th members.

That's the question I'd like to know the answer to: if the Big East stayed intact, what schools would the ACC have added?