Wow the SU women pulled a Butler/Pearl moment | Syracusefan.com

Wow the SU women pulled a Butler/Pearl moment

Half court shot with 1 second left after a steal... awesome!

Tie game 2.6 left St Johns inbounded, Syracuse stole it and Sykes threw in a halfcourt (probably longer) shot that banked in at the buzer.

She had a second to put the ball on the floor too. I was watching it on espn3, thought she should have dribbled quickly but it worked! :)

She had a second to put the ball on the floor too. I was watching it on espn3, thought she should have dribbled quickly but it worked! :)

Yea I had it on at my desk. Pretty wild ending. They pulled a men's team and scored the last 7 points to win it.

That shot was about five feet beyond half court. Holy shitballs. Nearly 28 years to the day after Pearls shot.

That's awesome, I'll have to check it out.

I just played in a tournament at work and my team lost in the semifinals on a last second half-court shot. The SU women's team must be thrilled, but I can say firsthand it really sucks losing that way.

Damn the women! Just as I try to force my long-pass inbounding end of game logic on you in another thread, they have to go and win one in just the fashion that I dared the other team to try!

I've been foiled again!

But grats! :)

That's awesome, I'll have to check it out.

I just played in a tournament at work and my team lost in the semifinals on a last second half-court shot. The SU women's team must be thrilled, but I can say firsthand it really sucks losing that way.
Great looking guitar!

its also up on su athetics in the video section where the pressers are on

Great looking guitar!

thanks, it's a custom build for a customer out in AZ. The body is mahogany with a curly redwood top and an ebony binding. The neck is curly maple with an ebony pinstripe. The fretboard is maple with paua abalone and black mother of pearl inlays. I did all of the inlays. My associate did the body and most of the woodworking on the neck. Next step is finishing it.

Here's a photo build log if you want to see what went into making it so far.

Mason

FYI you can watch the replay of the game in it's entirety on espn3.com...or you can do what I did and fast forward to the very end!

hmm, that final score with a big/special victory of 60-57 SU...wonder where I've seen that score before?...

I know that on the national scene, a top 25 matchup between boy's high school basketball teams would register more than a Syracuse-St. John's women's basketball game a 1 p.m. on a Wednesday. However, since the game was aired on ESPN3, you would think that ESPN might have at least some sort of mention of a crazy half-court buzzer beater to win the game, right? Well you would think wrong. And then you would think "why am I so stupid for thinking that ESPN knows how to cover sports?"