Wow, these guys were spot on! LOL | Syracusefan.com

Wow, these guys were spot on! LOL

Shocking. Anytime you are taking advice from a guy with a black shirt at a dark tie like the guy on the right (investments, sports, used cars), run the other way.

I'm not even sure I can list all the awful points they made here as they seem to simply read the box score when making picks but here are a couple:

Syracuse can't put up points? Its a little more complex then that. If a guy came out at said I'm taking UConn because Syracuse can move the ball (they can) yet they always seem to make mistakes or their offense is better suited for play in between the 20s but not in the red zone, I'm fine with that. But these guys are literally making decisions based on little to any actual knowledge of the teams.

Why else would they only mention a former SU QB (McNabb) and former Coach (PP) without mentioning a single current player or coach?

Again, I understand its easy to pick apart a guy's pick after the game. Its how they arrive at their conclusions that shows their advice is totally flawed and based on almost zero football knowledge.

Shocking. Anytime you are taking advice from a guy with a black shirt at a dark tie like the guy on the right (investments, sports, used cars), run the other way.

Hahaha. So true

The best part about these prognosticators is their absolute CERTAINTY...like they have it all figured out, and we'd be fools not to believe them!
icon_bs.gif

But these guys are literally making decisions based on little to any actual knowledge of the teams.
We know that though. Why let it bother you?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Man, you beat me to the exact same post I was going to do, by a few hours. Was going to post that this morning but had to head out for a bit.

The Syracuse defense scored 14 points against Pittsburgh...What

These clowns did little to no research on their pick

Maybe they were just trying to manipulate the line...steer more money to UConn.

hind sight is 20/20. everything they said is pretty generic and i think a lot of the people on the board agreed.

coin flip, low scoring game.

but that shirt and tie is BAD.

the major flaw was using points scored/allowed as their key metric when i would guess that past yards gained are a better correlation to FUTURE points than past scoring. obviously this would have to be normalized for turnovers.

now if you wanted to say were not gonna win/score points because were gonna have 3+ turnovers again that is a different thing altogether. what i heard was a focus on past points for/against.

"in the short term the performance is a voting machine, in the long run it is a weighing machine"

Free Pick/Free Advice, adds new meaning to "you get what you pay for".

I liked their logic of pointing out what Connecitcut allowed in scoring, used Syracuse last three games for our scoring ability, simply ignoring the fact that we scored quite easily in the first games and racked up lots of yards. No mention of our ability to gain yards versus UConn stinginess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom