Wow, what a trip... | Syracusefan.com

Wow, what a trip...

Forza Azzurri

All American
My son and I took the Acela down Thursday AM.

My father lives in DC - about a block and a half from the Capitol so you can walk to everything.

Thursday afternoon, we toured the Capitol and the Library of Congress. After seeing Lincoln, my son is really into the Civil War and the Library of Congress currently has a Civil War exhibit so he really enjoyed that.

I love going to places where there is more to do than just watch hoops. Last year, we went to Paul Revere's house in Boston before the Wisconsin game and ate dinner in Little Italy.

As tomcat correctly pointed out in his "My Take", the area around my father's house (he also lives within walking distance of where the Nats play), is chock full of good restaurants.

We ate at Acqua al Due before walking over to the Verizon center.

I already posted about the Thursday game but buying tix right above the mosh pit of SU fans across from the bench was a real stroke of luck. Last year our seats were right above the Wisconsin fans and it just wasn't the same. I will look to do the same for Atlanta.

Friday was very quiet since my son was toast after getting up early Thursday and being up so late.

Saturday we went to see the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, the WWII memorial, the Korean War memorial and the MLK memorial before the game.

Mussels are my son's favorite food so we ate at Caffe Belgia before heading over to he game.

The two Indiana fans from Thursday had been replaced by two 'Cuse alums - so that was a welcome change.

The crew below us did a great job with the Yankees-style call out of ex-players and the players really got into standing up and saluting the fans but they forgot Rautins, Harried and Addison (if he was there - I think he was) .

It wasn't quite Albany in terms of crowd support, but it was close.

Happiest for Triche. Kid has been a warrior for four years and deserves to go out on the stage that is the final four. Players who lead the team to the final four always have a special place in the hearts of 'Cuse fans and it is awesome that Triche will join that elite group.

Took the 8:45 train out of DC last night. On the train, started talking with a 'Cuse couple who turned out to have played football and hoops (the wife). Based on when she played, I asked if he knew Felisha Legette (graduated high school with me and played for Jacobs). Turns out Felisha is her best friend. Not quite a CTO small world sTory but it will have to do. Sorry.

What a win-win-win weekend.

2 'Cuse victories and some quality time with Grandpa.

Win-Win-Win.

LGO!!!

Sounds like you gave your son a trip, and memories, that he will never forget.

What a great trip for you and your son. How old is he?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom