Class of 2016 - WR/DB Terrell Vassel (NJ) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR/DB Terrell Vassel (NJ) Offered

With the number of WRs we're already pursuing, I would have to think this is more "DB" than "WR"...right?

Looks like a free safety to me. Capable of press coverage In nickel sets and sticking his nose in vs the run but best suited as a ball hawk playing centerfield. He diagnoses routes well, tracks the ball really well in the air, and goes and gets it. Love guys that catch the ball with their hands and dictate where a qb throws vs react after the qb throws.

"Of his four offers, Vassel, who also plays defensive back for the Spartans, said Syracuse and Rutgers are standing out the most right now.

“I know that I’ll be taking an official visit to Syracuse,” Vassel said. “I’m also planning on taking a visit to Rutgers as well. I’m not sure when I’ll be taking those visits, but those are the two schools I want to check out.”

Syracuse offered Vassel in late April, and he’s developed a strong bond with the coaching staff since.

“I like the education at Syracuse,” Vassel said. “The education is very important to the coaches over there and they’ve let me know that they graduate a lot of the players that go and play for them.

‘My area recruiter is coach (Bobby) Acosta. We have a good relationship right now. We’re always in contact with one another and going back and forth about how things are going with school and football. We’re on the same page.”

Trending on the Crystal ball to us over at 2-4-7. Wonder if there are any legs to that.