Class of 2018 - WR D'Marcus Adams (FL) Transferring from FAU to SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 WR D'Marcus Adams (FL) Transferring from FAU to SYRACUSE

Guys, this kid is going to help make up for our loss of Jordan Addison. No worries

Oh wait ...

Guys, this kid is going to help make up for our loss of Jordan Addison. No worries

Oh wait ...
I want to laugh at this but the reality is the Pitt's, BC's, Louisvilles and Syracuse's of the college football world are ripe to have their best players poached by football factories in todays current state of Now Its Legal NIL

04D07F44-02F7-4461-9891-F8697EB0238D.jpeg

Kid has something you can't teach which is elite speed. Not just fast but blazing fast. I expect we see him as an integral part of the return teams as well as a deep ball threat. We don't really have a kid that can take the top off a D and this kid can. He will force teams to cover him, and our new OC will take full advantage. I expect him to be a solid contributor for us.

Also, if the staff prefers not to have wr1’s (Peña/Jax) returning kicks (for health reasons) but don’t have a great 3rd option then this guy may be a great 1 year bridge

Last edited:
Hate to be that guy but I remember people saying the same about AET when he transferred from MD. Hardly any production there, then goes off for a record season here. A team like us needs as many speedy guys as possible. Haven’t had a WR emerge yet really so why not stock the stable

I think it shows we might have some dead weight in our receiving corps.
Ya think, 12-14 receivers on the roster every season and no one can get open, according to many posters here, except when TD is QB and he repeatedly doesn't see all the wide open guys on almost every pass play.

Ya think, 12-14 receivers on the roster every season and no one can get open, according to many posters here, except when TD is QB and he repeatedly doesn't see all the wide open guys on almost every pass play.
They got open during the spring game. They went up against a few good DBs

Hate to be that guy but I remember people saying the same about AET when he transferred from MD. Hardly any production there, then goes off for a record season here. A team like us needs as many speedy guys as possible. Haven’t had a WR emerge yet really so why not stock the stable
Worst case scenario is that I think he can in the rotation at kick returner. He was in that role at FAU until about mid season with them last year and not sure what happened there.

Also he was a RS sophomore last year at FAU so should have 2 years left.

They got open during the spring game. They went up against a few good DBs

It was mostly 1s against 2s, but yes, we hit on quite a few passes in the spring game. Lots of promise; it's not unreasonable to think that at least 2 or 3 of these guys will take the next step to becoming dependable receivers who we can count on.

I’m happy to have this guy on the team, and wish him nothing but the best. But I feel bad when a kid puts so much hope into making a living playing football. It’s a lottery ticket. It’s a long shot. Get your degree. Make network contacts. Work for a career. Best of luck.

Possible issues with pressing corners at that size?
Maybe occasionally when the corner has two deep help over the top and they can get their hands on him. Heck i'd just like for them to have to double one of our WR's on the outside opening things up for others. He is an elite level athlete. If they try to jamb him and miss, they would be beat deep big time. Kid is super fast and has crazy hops.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom