Class of 2021 - WR Kendall Long (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Kendall Long (SC) SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/16/20)

The first thing that sticks out to me are his hands. He uses outstanding technique on every catch. He has been well coached.

He doesn't look that fast, I think because he has a really long, smooth stride.

But a 4.54 40 isn't shappy.

He is a terrific track and field guy. Here are his PRs from last year:

100m 11.17
Long Jump 22' 7
Triple Jump 43' 1.75

For perspective, his 11.17 100 would have finished 7th in the NYS outdoor track chamnpionships last year.

His 22'7 LJ would have finished 2nd in NYS last year.

And his 43' 1.75 would have finished 12th in NYS last year.

With that jumping ability, it is no surprise his vertical is 40 inches.

I agree with others, he is going to block well, catch it well, sacrifice his body for catches over the middle and be very hard to cover in the red zone with his size, strength, physical play and leaping ability.

I like this recruit a lot.

That 11.17 likely puts him in the top group of fastest kids on our team - and he's 6-3 215. NFL body.

Reminds me of Butler

Which one? I’m still confused to this day
The wideout, Devin. Not production wise, but physically. This prospect seems to have similar control over his size. Ishmael is another good example of this, though it’s hard to immediately compare a highschooler to Steve

Kendall, welcome to the Cuse Football family!!!

GoOrangefootballTINNI0QQNhAM.gif

Like his size, hands physicality, focus, and quicks. Very good WR option for our receiver crew!

Nice pickup. Great measurables. Add this guy with the two bigtime receivers we grabbed last class and ya start seeing a pattern in who they are looking for and that is going to present headaches for opposing secondaries presuming our o-line is giving our QB time. Welcome to the Cuse!

It’s really sad seeing the H0T Takes around the football recruiting aspect of Syracuse. It’s really evident what’s happening right now - you just have to watch junior tapes to be fully aware.

1. One thing I’ve come to realize, I don’t question Dino’s ability to evaluate players. We’ve seen a lot of prospects over the past couple years blow up after Syracuse offering, especially camp offers.

2. Speaking of camp offers: these commitments we have been racking up this week, would have been summer camp offers. We are getting in on them before other power five offers come in, mainly because of our ability to evaluate skill. Kendall’s speed; size, and take are all indicative of a potential #1 receiver.

3. I’ll admit, I was The first one to take a look at the offers and be skeptical of our commits over the past week. It instantly went away after I watched their tape. Dino knows what he is doing and I am all aboard. I haven’t been more confident of a class after 7 signees.

4. Our new QB offer - when he eventually visits - I truly believe he will commit and he will be a multi year starter after tommy leaves. He’s legit.

I’ve never been more confident in Dino than now. Sign me up for seasons. I’m still believing.

It’s really sad seeing the H0T Takes around the football recruiting aspect of Syracuse. It’s really evident what’s happening right now - you just have to watch junior tapes to be fully aware.

1. One thing I’ve come to realize, I don’t question Dino’s ability to evaluate players. We’ve seen a lot of prospects over the past couple years blow up after Syracuse offering, especially camp offers.

2. Speaking of camp offers: these commitments we have been racking up this week, would have been summer camp offers. We are getting in on them before other power five offers come in, mainly because of our ability to evaluate skill. Kendall’s speed; size, and take are all indicative of a potential #1 receiver.

3. I’ll admit, I was The first one to take a look at the offers and be skeptical of our commits over the past week. It instantly went away after I watched their tape. Dino knows what he is doing and I am all aboard. I haven’t been more confident of a class after 7 signees.

4. Our new QB offer - when he eventually visits - I truly believe he will commit and he will be a multi year starter after tommy leaves. He’s legit.

I’ve never been more confident in Dino than now. Sign me up for seasons. I’m still believing.

You think he won’t commit until after he visits? Looks like we’ll be here awhile then.:oops:

Good junior tape. Love his acceleration. 6’3 215 as a HS junior is great for a wideout. Also really good at the bubble, which plays an important part in our offense. I think he has a really high ceiling.
Agree but how is his competition down there. Didn’t really look like any cb attacked him to much. Love his size.

We need to be beating P5 teams for recruits in numbers to win at the ACC level. Period.
Who’s to say we wouldn’t have had to beat out P5 schools for all these kids had they been able to attend camps and perform in person to bigger schools? we’ve seen it happen so many times with our recruits, we’re in on them early, they blow up, and their interest in us fades. in a weird way i think what’s going on right now benefits us on the recruiting front, Dino Babers and co have proven to be incredible talent evaluators and this whole situation gives them the chance to lock up recruits they love that won’t have the opportunity to blow up due to lack of exposure.

Not to be a jerk, but playing devils advocate here... Do we really think that our staff and Dino are better at evaluating prospects than other P5 staffs? Because the results haven't really been there on the field. For instance, this kid from SC, do we think that he eventually would have been offered by the likes of South Carolina or Clemson? Georgia? Other blue bloods in the area? I would guess not. If he was on their radar they would have likely offered him, no? Genuinely curious.

Not to be a jerk, but playing devils advocate here... Do we really think that our staff and Dino are better at evaluating prospects than other P5 staffs? Because the results haven't really been there on the field. For instance, this kid from SC, do we think that he eventually would have been offered by the likes of South Carolina or Clemson? Georgia? Other blue bloods in the area? I would guess not. If he was on their radar they would have likely offered him, no? Genuinely curious.
It appears that all our competition only make offers based on recruiting site rankings and miss out on gems in their own backyards. They're playing checkers.

Look at all the kids that we are one of the first two or three offers for. We get all these kids on campus, they're about to commit, and then they blow up. Has been brutal the last few classes with players we ID'd early.

As soon as we offered the AL QB the other day, a bunch of P5 programs all of the sudden started moving in. It's not coincidence.