Class of 2021 - WR Marvin Harrison Jr (PA) Committed to Ohio State/Declares for the Draft | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Marvin Harrison Jr (PA) Committed to Ohio State/Declares for the Draft

I wonder how it would work if his dad went to Penn State. Do you think he'd go there? I am pretty sure he would. Maybe I'm being negative but just seems like we have no luck with these types of kids.

I know OSU is probably the leader and we got a small shot it just sucks. I’d love a legacy and he would be as famous as his dad here.

It has to excite HC Dino Babers to have a chance to recruit at a school with legacies like Marvin Harrison’s kid.

Don't be surprised if he commits while he's there. I saw this coming a while back.

Wasnt he at our spring game last year?

I dont see marvin rushing into a decision. Doesnt need to. And, urban isnt there anymore.

Wasnt he at our spring game last year?

I dont see marvin rushing into a decision. Doesnt need to. And, urban isnt there anymore.
Marvin Sr. was at their pro day really chummy with the head coaches. My prediction, love to be wrong on this one.

Marvin Sr. was at their pro day really chummy with the head coaches. My prediction, love to be wrong on this one.

Marvin was chummy with someone? Never thought ud hear that. Especially with some midwestern white dudes whose asses he doesnt need to kiss.

I get staying away from SU, if he does. He could be AA here, and still not be as good as his dad, to whom he would constantly be compared.

I get staying away from SU, if he does. He could be AA here, and still not be as good as his dad, to whom he would constantly be compared.

I bet he will be compared to his dad wherevwe he goes. He is junior. I dont see that being a factor, even 1%.

I am waiting for the big time wr to come to cuse for the system. I think we need one more year of 8-4 or better record to really heat up the recruiting scene but feel dino and staff could do it this year even.

Maybe im unrealistic but im expecting a 5* soon.

Would love to see us snare a highly rated legacy recruit one of these times, sticking it to the big boys.

Not to mention, you'd think that skilled players would be lining up to come here.

Would love to see us snare a highly rated legacy recruit one of these times, sticking it to the big boys.

Not to mention, you'd think that skilled players would be lining up to come here.
Thinking about it, the Legacies that are coming up right now pretty much all had father's that played for P with maybe a few Mac throwbacks. A lot of water under the bridge with that group imo, and with the coaching turnover since 2004 I think it may have been difficult to maintain ties with that group of players or give them something to be proud of their Alma Mater about on the field. I think Babers will turn it around, but it may be too late for that generation. He's creating a different culture here now and the players that play for him will likely have a much more positive feeling about their experience 10 to 15 years from now.

Thinking about it, the Legacies that are coming up right now pretty much all had father's that played for P with maybe a few Mac throwbacks. A lot of water under the bridge with that group imo, and with the coaching turnover since 2004 I think it may have been difficult to maintain ties with that group of players or give them something to be proud of their Alma Mater about on the field. I think Babers will turn it around, but it may be too late for that generation. He's creating a different culture here now and the players that play for him will likely have a much more positive feeling about their experience 10 to 15 years from now.

totally agree. GERG and Shafer were both trainwrecks and Marrone apparently was not exactly welcoming to alums during his 4 years here so not a lot of allegiance from the P era guys

totally agree. GERG and Shafer were both trainwrecks and Marrone apparently was not exactly welcoming to alums during his 4 years here so not a lot of allegiance from the P era guys
Yeah, I vaguely remember a story about Troy Nunes bringing his kid up for a practice and getting the cold shoulder. Hopefully, these guys under Baber will want to stay involved when they have kids.

Yeah, I vaguely remember a story about Troy Nunes bringing his kid up for a practice and getting the cold shoulder. Hopefully, these guys under Baber will want to stay involved when they have kids.
Let’s hope Dungey has a few and we can have 1-2 more of him on the team in 20 years:)

It makes you appreciate Kevin Johnson Jr. sticking in there almost begging to be offered. How much of this is blamed on the parents. I feel some (alum) had no appreciation for the school that GAVE them a education.

Where did Nunes’ son go?

It makes you appreciate Kevin Johnson Jr. sticking in there almost begging to be offered. How much of this is blamed on the parents. I feel some (alum) had no appreciation for the school that GAVE them a education.

Well they gave their bodies to the school so they gave too. The program went into a ditch, their kids should go where they want to go, and most kids don’t want to go to what was a garbage joke of a program like we were for years. We are obviously on the rise but hard to beat the Ohio State’s of the world

Well they gave their bodies to the school so they gave too. The program went into a ditch, their kids should go where they want to go, and most kids don’t want to go to what was a garbage joke of a program like we were for years. We are obviously on the rise but hard to beat the Ohio State’s of the world
Got to stop living in the past. The future is NOW