WR position | Syracusefan.com

WR position

upperdeck

Living Legend
We are playing now with 3 guys who should probably all be the slot guy. from the sounds of it West goes to the slot next year. Clark ran few deep routes this year, kobena ran the most , not even sure he played Wr at all yesterday. I know we have bodies, but will we be able to stretch the field next year? can someone step up and actually be a deep threat to make the safeties stay back and give the running game a chance. West has shown to be tough to bring down, he may be able to get deeper like lemon does from the slot now with the lesser cover guys on him.

watching that kid from Miss yesterday i dont understand how they dont send him deep 4-5 times a game. he clearly had more speed than anyone we had to cover him. just watching some of these teams get simple scores while we work so hard to drive the field.. clemson/nc st had about 4 each yesterday.

Well, we are starting two guys who aren't burners this year and they haven't done too badly.

West and Funderburk likely start. Kobena has gotten some PT this year, and he becomes the #3 guy. Clark returns. We also have young / unproven players like Hale, Foster, Cornelius and Lewis.

This group will have big shoes to fill--no question, because Sales and Lemon have been phenomenal this year--but I think we've got the personnel to field a good unit next year. I'm a lot more worried about who's going to be THROWING the ball next year, where the successor to Nassib isn't as clear cut.

much easier to throw to open windows. Nassib takes some heat, but at times he was throwing to pretty tight windows. our guys didnt run away from anyone, at times we confused the D to create space, it would be nice if you could get some space with speed.

the spring game will tell us something hopefully about that. lewis to me looks like another solid slot guy. people say foster looks good. and who knows what Hale.cornelius bring.

We are playing now with 3 guys who should probably all be the slot guy. from the sounds of it West goes to the slot next year. Clark ran few deep routes this year, kobena ran the most , not even sure he played Wr at all yesterday. I know we have bodies, but will we be able to stretch the field next year? can someone step up and actually be a deep threat to make the safeties stay back and give the running game a chance. West has shown to be tough to bring down, he may be able to get deeper like lemon does from the slot now with the lesser cover guys on him.

watching that kid from Miss yesterday i dont understand how they dont send him deep 4-5 times a game. he clearly had more speed than anyone we had to cover him. just watching some of these teams get simple scores while we work so hard to drive the field.. clemson/nc st had about 4 each yesterday.

9 guys returning, it will be fine.

This year was about experience, route running, and hands.

The future is a couple inches taller, a couple of tenths faster.

I know what we hope.. but we have been waiting since williams for it to happen.

I'm not sure how it will shake out, but I suspect that we won't see two guys catch 50+ balls again. My hunch is that instead of having two really good guys we'll have four or five pretty good guys, and the ball will be spread around.

just watching some of these teams get simple scores while we work so hard to drive the field.. .

Based on our offensive stats I think this might be a little bit more "feeling" everything is harder for our team.

I'm pretty sure the commentators made the comment yesterday, which I still find hard to believe so maybe I misheard it, SU has not a had a TD drive this year that took more than 5 minutes. So I don't think were working that hard getting down the field.

12 plays 52 yd fg
11 play td
9 plays 30 yds

the 2nd half was 6-7 play drives. scoring quick is because we run the plays so fast

much like the first Missouri score, simple short play turns into 70 yd td, i think we have the plan to move the ball. the next step is turning misses into bigger plays, less plays less mistakes.

the imverse is oregon.. it seemed so simple because they were scoring quick on big plays.. but watching the plays so many were poorly run, yet they have play makers who turned them into special plays.. when they played a team like stanford who doesnt screw up plays they struggled to score.

Returning WR corps will be pretty solid. Never know if the staff is really impressed (if they get laray), that they use him in a slot spot. Don't forget how good the TEs are.

Speaking of the guys in the rotation next year, anyone have info on how they look in practice? Seems like we're all forecasting their talents on gut feelings, wishes and Funderburk's offer list.

Speaking of the guys in the rotation next year, anyone have info on how they look in practice? Seems like we're all forecasting their talents on gut feelings, wishes and Funderburk's offer list.

Rahme has said that Funderburke has looked legit.

West moves to the slot. Needs his hands to improve.

Kobena finally picks up from where he left off in the Northwestern game.

Plenty of depth.

I'm most worried about Lemon's intangibles. 100X offset whatever he lacks in measurables.

Oh, and the accuracy of whoever is delivering the passes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, we are starting two guys who aren't burners this year and they haven't done too badly.

West and Funderburk likely start. Kobena has gotten some PT this year, and he becomes the #3 guy. Clark returns. We also have young / unproven players like Hale, Foster, Cornelius and Lewis.

This group will have big shoes to fill--no question, because Sales and Lemon have been phenomenal this year--but I think we've got the personnel to field a good unit next year. I'm a lot more worried about who's going to be THROWING the ball next year, where the successor to Nassib isn't as clear cut.

Receivers Next Year:

West
Funderburk
Kobena
Flemming
Foster
Cornelius
Lewis
Clark
Hale

Also, maybe Terrel Hunt or John Kinder could make a move to receiver to get them on the field.

IMO, Funderbunk and Flemming start outside and West in slot. Kobena and Foster play the most in 4 and 5 WR sets.

Speaking of the guys in the rotation next year, anyone have info on how they look in practice?
Funderburke is the real deal. Think a more powerful deep threat mixed with Sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom