Class of 2021 - WR Umari Hatcher (VA) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Umari Hatcher (VA) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offers from Liberty, UVA, VT, UNC, Temple, ODU, UMD, ECU, UMass, Syracuse

He has his UVA offer tweet pinned to the top of his twitter.

I know his coach really well used to coach his son in youth football. It's going to be tough to get him to leave VA and I will leave it at that.

If the CB holds true, this will be an awesome get! Wanted him more than any other WR on our board. Feel like he is the type of receiver we need to land in this class. I expect him to get some PT pretty quickly. Justin Lamson, meet your new best friend. Eventually playing him and Alford on the outside spots seems like a good combo to me.

I hesitate to say anything about his film until he makes his announcement but wow, I sure hope this is right.
This kid is very special.

He’s like Cris Carter - all he does is catch TD’s. ;)

He just needs to get a “fall guy”, and he’s good to go! :p

Indiana landed a 4 star a week or two ago which probably helped us there. Michigan state has no WR's in this class but appears to have gotten 4 talented similar sized ones in the previous class.

Hatcher seems to have the complete package and is not lacking in any area. He has a great combination of height, speed, elusiveness, route running and hands. His frame sure looks like it should have no problem adding a bit more strength. From his highlights, the only part of his game you can't really evaluate is his blocking ability but with his size and speed I'm sure he can do that as well. This is the type of WR we need to add.

Last edited:
With UVA not appearing to be in the picture, how do you feel SU’s chances are now?
Not sure what NovaOrange's answer will be...but Liberty U is in Virginia. Hopefully Umari decides to head north and play for HCDB and staff.

Recent Liberty publicity can’t help - meaning athletes leaving, not the Falwell circus.

Rewatching his highlights. He sure is open a lot, he is bigger and faster than his competition, and he certainly looks bigger than his listed 6’3”.

let’s hope that CB comes through for us. We could definitely use him.

Also that would give us the #1 DB in NJ and #1WR in VA (at least he was at some point according to his HUDL)

here’s hoping the staff can close this one!

has he made any statements about a commit date?

Last edited:
Dino always seems to pull the better prospects in later in the class and it’s been like that every class. Seems this year is no different. The last few commits we got have been the best of the class and this will continue that trend.

With UVA not appearing to be in the picture, how do you feel SU’s chances are now?
I am not sure if VT backed off or not haven't gotten the full story but when I made that comment six months ago I was told they would be tough for any program to beat out. Haven't spoken to his coach since then so I don't have any inside information unfortunately. With that said if he commits I think he starts his first year I am that high on his skill set.

I am not sure if VT backed off or not haven't gotten the full story but when I made that comment six months ago I was told they would be tough for any program to beat out. Haven't spoken to his coach since then so I don't have any inside information unfortunately. With that said if he commits I think he starts his first year I am that high on his skill set.
VT looks to have gotten a verbal from a nice receiver in May and another from an almost 4 star in July. In the last class they got 3 WR's commits and 3 WR transfers. Maybe their Inn is all filled up. I'm betting they had room for 2 WR in this class and they were waiting for a decision from the almost 4 star WR, Tray Curry (6'4" 210 lbs) before allowing a commitment from Hatcher. All good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom