Wrigley Football | Syracusefan.com

Wrigley Football

Will offenses still continue to only play in one direction?

Will offenses still continue to only play in one direction?
I would guess so. Crazy they are thinking of doing this again, especially with NW’s recent stadium announcement. Maybe they want to get one more in for old times sake?

Here is the problem. One endzone is right against a brick wall. Literally.

C1DCC530-1540-4FE6-A1B1-253D224CF766.jpeg

I would guess so. Crazy they are thinking of doing this again, especially with NW’s recent stadium announcement. Maybe they want to get one more in for old times sake?

View attachment 224851
They have a contract for 5 games. This is the third. And yes it's a horrible idea. But at least it's only 8 miles from their regular stadium for their season ticket holders.

View attachment 224851
This can’t be real

That is real. It's actually how they have to set it up. And yes, it's ridiculous.
You can see why there was no choice but to have all the drives head for the end zone at the opposite end of the field.

It is hard to imagine there is a worse place to watch a college football game than Yankee Stadium. But there is. Like Yankee Stadium, there isn’t room to have a team on each side of the field so they have to jam one team on one side of the 50 and put the other team on the other side of the 50.

But at least at YS, drives can go in both directions….

Traffic can make it 4 hours.

At least in our game there isn't a brick wall in the end zone.

We'll get different injuries, trying to cut on that grass again.

Football games in baseball stadiums are so dumb. But when it pays, no one in charge cares.

I’ve always said that Northwestern sets the standard for big boy college football!

Is any of this reflective of their stadium renovation? Demolition is expected to begin this fall, with completion of the renovations in 2026.

Is any of this reflective of their stadium renovation? Demolition is expected to begin this fall, with completion of the renovations in 2026.

Why can’t they do it in a year!?!

True.

Yankee Stadium was so slippery the players might as well put on skates. I like SU playing at UConn for the area fans/alums but ACC home games in NYC, unless John flips this into a home game with Pitt next year, is foolish.

they have this crazy thing in Chicago called mass transit. El stops on campus and at Wrigley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom