Writers 75th AA team | Syracusefan.com

Writers 75th AA team

Arguably the best college RB ever gets left off? smh.

So much wrong with that list. No Jim Brown? Fitz over Moss? Ummmm... about that

These polls, lists whatever you want to call them, come a dime a dozen. But no SU players...really?

http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/news/2015/allamerica150820.html
What a mishmash. Some who made a name in college and did little afterwards (Archie Griffin); and some who many had never heard of until the NFL (Jerry Rice).

The non-Jim Brown miss that came to me immediately was Anthony Munoz. He was not one of the top 12 OL's?

thought for sure brown or czonka would be in there.

I'm not as bothered by a lack of Jim Brown as I am by a lack of John Mackey, to be honest. They named the freaking college football TE award after Mackey, and he doesn't make the list?
Mackey was the glaring omission for me as well. Jackson and Ditka, obviously great, but Mackey was the all around best hands down. Gordon Hudson made it over him...wut? And he has that trophy named after him for being the best in the land. Also, what about a little Gary Andersen love?

Last edited:
What a mishmash. Some who made a name in college and did little afterwards (Archie Griffin); and some who many had never heard of until the NFL (Jerry Rice).

The non-Jim Brown miss that came to me immediately was Anthony Munoz. He was not one of the top 12 OL's?

Great call about Munoz. Best OL I have ever seen, college and pro.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom