WSJ's Grid of College Football Shame | Syracusefan.com

WSJ's Grid of College Football Shame

NailstheCusefan12

All American
This should be a fun one to dissect. I don't even know where to start.
PJ-BQ230C_SHAME_G_20130828233017.jpg

Clearly a Mizzou fan still miffed at last year's loss. Dope.

Washington State more of a powerhouse than a team that won its conference last year.

Everyone on this board knows that that is not an accurate ranking of where the program stands today, but frankly, I don't have a major problem with it. Going to, and winning, bowl games is nice, but the assumption is that almost any team can get to a bowl game nowadays.

If we want respect, this team needs to start getting ranked on a regular basis. It's almost unimaginable how bad the GROB years hurt this program. It will take time to get the perception in line with reality. Getting to low level bowl games won't do it. Get in the top 25 a few times a year, then the perception will start to improve.

Everyone on this board knows that that is not an accurate ranking of where the program stands today, but frankly, I don't have a major problem with it. Going to, and winning, bowl games is nice, but the assumption is that almost any team can get to a bowl game nowadays.

If we want respect, this team needs to start getting ranked on a regular basis. It's almost unimaginable how bad the GROB years hurt this program. It will take time to get the perception in line with reality. Getting to low level bowl games won't do it. Get in the top 25 a few times a year, then the perception will start to improve.

It's just bad journalism. There is no way that's accurate of where we are right now, even taking the last 5 years or so. It's a national paper - which recruits could be shown from some sleezy recruiter (I'm looking at you Rutgers).

if this was the wall street journal, they should stick to money discussions

It's just bad journalism. There is no way that's accurate of where we are right now, even taking the last 5 years or so. It's a national paper - which recruits could be shown from some sleezy recruiter (I'm looking at you Rutgers).

Haha. I can just picture it...

RU RECRUITER: Son, I want you to take a look at this X/Y axis chart in the Wall Street Journal detailing the perceived strength of...

RECRUIT: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Haha. I can just picture it...

RU RECRUITER: Son, I want you to take a look at this X/Y axis chart in the Wall Street Journal detailing the perceived strength of...

RECRUIT: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

RU Recruiter: Find Syracuse, look at the other teams around them. They suck.

Recruit: Ouch. But they said they are #8 in producing NFL HoF?

RU: Here's a bag of cash.

F the WSJ

good thing they are in a thriving business and have no worries about their future

Disagree. If you consider the history of the program - the long view - the chart doesn't work. If you consider the short view: let's say the last three years, 21 - 17 record, with two bowl wins over BCS teams, and a share of a conference championship, then it doesn't work.

Dumb chart.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom