WVU's Defense | Syracusefan.com

WVU's Defense

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
Didn't WVU fire their D coordinator a coup,e of weeks back? How does that impact SU's game planning? How much change could the new guy implement in that amount of time? And doesn't the unknown factor work heavily in WVU's favor?

Didn't WVU fire their D coordinator a coup,e of weeks back? How does that impact SU's game planning? How much change could the new guy implement in that amount of time? And doesn't the unknown factor work heavily in WVU's favor?

I think I read that they reassigned the position from within the staff. The "new" D coordinator is not new to the staff. But, it sounded like there would be a shift in philosophy to more pressure. The betting public does not seem to think it will matter one way or the other.

I think I read that they reassigned the position from within the staff. The "new" D coordinator is not new to the staff. But, it sounded like there would be a shift in philosophy to more pressure. The betting public does not seem to think it will matter one way or the other.
Sounds like The Dude made some really bad hires. Demoted the DC and fired the CB coach in December.

Patterson was part of the staff Todd Graham put together at Pitt that had their fanbase clamoring for him to be fired before he had coached a game there.

Link

To be fair, it doesn't matter what D they run. Ryan will shred them regardless.

Their secondary is putrid and they lack a pass-rush. A lethal combination of terrible play.

I was surprised to learn that Nassib has only been sacked 14 times this season. I don't think WVU has a chance at touching Nassib.