Yankee offense picks up a valuable bat for 2012 | Syracusefan.com

Yankee offense picks up a valuable bat for 2012

CaliCuse

All American
With Posada gone they get a decent DH and a spot on the roster for both Montero and Romine to back up Martin. Romine might be the favored defensive replacement to give Martin days off . Montero takes care of the DH and catches on occasion when that third catcher is required I can see Jesus getting 10-15 homers for the year and 75 RBIs. I would prefer an alternate player to Andrew Jones We all have to presume Tex will get hi BA up to normal.Base hits with RISP are just as valuable as HRs. Nunez instead of Jones might be a worthwhile experiment.Nunez might be a power hitter in development.:noidea:

With Posada gone they get a decent DH and a spot on the roster for both Montero and Romine to back up Martin. Romine might be the favored defensive replacement to give Martin days off . Montero takes care of the DH and catches on occasion when that third catcher is required I can see Jesus getting 10-15 homers for the year and 75 RBIs. I would prefer an alternate player to Andrew Jones We all have to presume Tex will get hi BA up to normal.Base hits with RISP are just as valuable as HRs. Nunez instead of Jones might be a worthwhile experiment.Nunez might be a power hitter in development.:noidea:

Right now the Braves are chasing after Nunez, and given their depth of pitching, it could be a good match for a trade with the Yankees. Just not sure if I see it happening though. Despite the rough year Nunez had defensively, he has a lot to offer and given the age of the right-side of the Yankee IF, and the win-at-all-cost payroll, there may not be a bench player in all of baseball that is more valuable to their team than Nunez is to the Yankees.

I presume if the Yankees have the option to get any of their top 3 pitching studs they take a deal: Teheran, Vizciano or Delgado. I think the Yankees can utilize this to acquire some young pitching as most will be in Triple A to begin the season and all are very young. I really like Nunez but he's only a part-time player on the Yankees due to Jeter and ARod and I think they might as well trade him to get some prospects and obtain DeRosa for a year or two (if Chavez doesn't resign).

I presume if the Yankees have the option to get any of their top 3 pitching studs they take a deal: Teheran, Vizciano or Delgado. I think the Yankees can utilize this to acquire some young pitching as most will be in Triple A to begin the season and all are very young. I really like Nunez but he's only a part-time player on the Yankees due to Jeter and ARod and I think they might as well trade him to get some prospects and obtain DeRosa for a year or two (if Chavez doesn't resign).

The Braves were not giving up any of those guys for Michael Bourn, and didn't even want to lose one for Hunter Pence. So I doubt they do it now, for a far less proven commodity. Personally I think they should be shopping Vizciano like crazy if they don't think his future is in the rotation, but still don't think Nunez would be a big enough trading chip to get him back in pinstripes. I would think something like J.J. Hoover or Zeke Spruill would be more in-line for a guy like Nunez. Martin Prado could also make a lot of sense, but then the Yankees wouldn't be helping their staff and would likely have to be the ones throwing in a mid-grade prospect to join Nunez in the deal. Plus he plays everything BUT short, so you still have to trust Jeter to stay healthy for another year.

Montero will hit over 15 HRs if he plays in 130 games this year

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom