Yanks-Bosox what will happen? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Yanks-Bosox what will happen?

It was a struggle for Sabathia tonight, but he got through it. Thirteen baserunners in six innings is pretty scary, but he countered that with ten strikeouts. It definitely didn't look like he was "owned." If the Yanks can finish and get him the win, hopefully people can put the CC/Sox talk to rest for awhile.

please dude give it a rest, he was owned 3 games this year by them and struggles big time against them. he has a losing record against them as a yankee and 7.20 era , they showed the numbers on tv. what your trying to do is not working.

No way he has a 7.20 ERA against the Sox in his three years with the Yankees. I believe that was this year's ERA.

No way he has a 7.20 ERA against the Sox in his three years with the Yankees. I believe that was this year's ERA.

this year i believe, and a losing record against the sox as a yankee. my case is closed, say what you want but youre not right :)

Either way it was a nice win for the Yankees. I don't care that much about winning the division, but it would be nice for the team to demonstrate they can beat the Sox.

Either way it was a nice win for the Yankees. I don't care that much about winning the division, but it would be nice for the team to demonstrate they can beat the Sox.
3 out of 13 is not good, but ill take it.

Jorge, I love what you have done for the Yankees over the course of your career, until this year. It is time to step aside and make room for the next bright star. You've had some really great moments buddy but last night you killed three rallies by hitting into two double plays and popping up to end each inning. I want to remember you for the good things not for holding the team back in your final season.

gyi0060659508.jpg

Advice to Joe Girardi: On that pitch that hit Jacoby Ellsbury while he was swinging at the ball. You charged the umpire and lost your cool instead of taking the proper approach which could have gotten the call overturned. You must first approach the umpire who made the call, explain the rule as you see it and ask the ump if he saw the swing, if he didn't you have to politley ask him if he would ask for help. In such a crucial game, at this point in the season, I would hope we'd get the best managing from him as is possible.

Jorge, I love what you have done for the Yankees over the course of your career, until this year. It is time to step aside and make room for the next bright star. You've had some really great moments buddy but last night you killed three rallies by hitting into two double plays and popping up to end each inning. I want to remember you for the good things not for holding the team back in your final season.

Jesus is coming on Sept 1.

gyi0060659508.jpg

Advice to Joe Girardi: On that pitch that hit Jacoby Ellsbury while he was swinging at the ball. You charged the umpire and lost your cool instead of taking the proper approach which could have gotten the call overturned. You must first approach the umpire who made the call, explain the rule as you see it and ask the ump if he saw the swing, if he didn't you have to politley ask him if he would ask for help. In such a crucial game, at this point in the season, I would hope we'd get the best managing from him as is possible.

That was my view on Jorge last year. It was pretty clear that they were giving up a lot by having him behind the dish. I guess he hit just well enough and he has earned enough respect that management felt he should be given an opportunity to be the DH and possibly back up to Martin, but the way he has hit this year he certainly looks to be done. I think he is a free agent after this season, I can't see the Yankees signing him again.....would be nice if he'd retire as a Yankee rather than go play gate attraction for some back of the pack franchise.

Jorge has already said that he wants to keep playing, even if/when the Yankees release him.

Most professional athletes stay 1-2 years too long (see Emmitt Smith). :(

Hopefully Jeter and Mo will know when the time comes.

please dude give it a rest, he was owned 3 games this year by them and struggles big time against them. he has a losing record against them as a yankee and 7.20 era , they showed the numbers on tv. what your trying to do is not working.
He has had 3 bad games against him this year, overall with the Yankees he is not the bad playing the Red Sox except for those 3 games. Red Sox don't have his number but he has been struggling with them this year but how can you not take that as a positive. CC starting to pitch good against the Red Sox just before the post season is a good sign. I think he struggled a bit but overall did pretty good. I think now that got the win that he overcame the mental hurdle and can now just go out there and be CC.

He has had 3 bad games against him this year, overall with the Yankees he is not the bad playing the Red Sox except for those 3 games. Red Sox don't have his number but he has been struggling with them this year but how can you not take that as a positive. CC starting to pitch good against the Red Sox just before the post season is a good sign. I think he struggled a bit but overall did pretty good. I think now that got the win that he overcame the mental hurdle and can now just go out there and be CC.

ill just chalk it up that you have no idea :)

Well I'm happy to be wrong, but I posted what I posted to reverse the karma. The most shocking result was last night's. I thought with AJ starting we were cooked. Can anyone fill me in. Right now Im busy with articles.

aj pitched well , left with 2 runners on in the 5th, the bullpen came in and shut them out for the rest of the game. mariano struck out gonzales with the bases loaed in the 9th to record the save.

aj pitched well , left with 2 runners on in the 5th, the bullpen came in and shut them out for the rest of the game. mariano struck out gonzales with the bases loaed in the 9th to record the save.
Sweet, thanks AC

The good news: Mo struck out AGone.

The bad news: Mo walked Lowrie and Ellsbury, and gave up a hit to Scutaro to load the bases in the first place. :(

The good news: Mo struck out AGone.

The bad news: Mo walked Lowrie and Ellsbury, and gave up a hit to Scutaro to load the bases in the first place. :(
That ain't the Ole Mo out there but this old guy still has that winners heart and that's what gets him through some of his self-created problems. He's the best that ever was at what he does.

It was completely right! He left with two runners on in the sixth.

Burnett has been terrible for so long, I didn't want him to get gypped out of credit for a full inning of work.