yards but not points | Syracusefan.com

yards but not points

Millhouse

Living Legend
I took each teams points ranking and subtracted their yards ranking to see which teams have the biggest difference. We're 5th in that respect. 25th in yards, 72nd in points.

Pitt, USF, and Cincinnati are all right behind us in the top 11. Better at gaining yards than scoring points.

Louisville, Rutgers and Uconn yards and points match up (louisville decent, rutgers bad, uconn really bad). Temple is horrendous in yards but only kinda bad in points.

i think over enough games, rankings in both tend to converge to each other (better correlation the more games in)

I would think that playing from behind could cause this discrepancy. The bend but don't break philosophy.

I would think that playing from behind could cause this discrepancy. The bend but don't break philosophy.
we pass 53% of the time in the first half 55% in the second half.

we pass 54% of the time in the first quarter

What is SU's red zone stat? I can not imagine it is very good.

I took each teams points ranking and subtracted their yards ranking to see which teams have the biggest difference. We're 5th in that respect. 25th in yards, 72nd in points.

Pitt, USF, and Cincinnati are all right behind us in the top 11. Better at gaining yards than scoring points.

Louisville, Rutgers and Uconn yards and points match up (louisville decent, rutgers bad, uconn really bad). Temple is horrendous in yards but only kinda bad in points.

i think over enough games, rankings in both tend to converge to each other (better correlation the more games in)

We've had 3 red zone failures in the past 2 games. Not even just red zone, but inside the 3 yard line (2 inside the 1) failures. Curious what the #'s would be if we added 21 to our point total, or at worst 9. If it puts us more in line, and then we can isolate to goal line offense problem (which is still a big problem).

Not that you have to run any of this, but also curious if the best teams in this stat have scores from their defense or special teams. I feel like we couldn't be any further from expecting a score from either this year.

we pass 53% of the time in the first half 55% in the second half.

we pass 54% of the time in the first quarter

I was thinking more along the lines of what the defense might be giving you. I have not watched your games closely enough so I have no idea whether this is the case but I know you were trailing in most games so if your opponents elected to play soft between the 20's and tighten up in the red zone, that could cause the discrepancy in yardage to points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom