You can’t make lemonade out of lemons forever | Syracusefan.com

You can’t make lemonade out of lemons forever

GooseMutt

All Conference
Our recruiting is lacking! Why? Whomever can answer that solves our problems.

Is it the school colors?
The dome venue?
The weather( legitimate)?
Or something else?

Is it the school colors?
The dome venue?
Or something else?

If only someone could invent a bot to take inventory of all of the excuses posted for the last decade or so, I might be able to analyze the data and give you a more concise answer than my legendary lengthy posts that some used to poke fun at when I still made them.

Isn’t the whole point of lemons to make lemonade? I’m confused

Maybe NY could put their overegulation to good use for once, and enact some tougher lemon laws. SU might be the first victim.

Is it the school colors?
The dome venue?
Or something else?
GMac

We’re still making lemonade, but instead of the Chick Fil A variety, it’s some janky off-brand powder mix.
Country Time powder lemonade is great

Edit: Chuck-Fil-A lemonade is overrated. I know since I worked there.

Well, it really isn't that hard to negatively recruit against a 75-year-old coach who has had a faltering record in recent years. Add to that a negative-recruiting narrative that points to the young coach-in-waiting and ace recruiter bailing on his beloved mentor and you get what you get.

I just fear that as the years go by it gets even more difficult for JB to effectively counter that narrative. I don't buy the idea that the game has passed JB by, but the Schianos of the college BB coaching community are having a field day at our expense at the moment.

Personally, I'm praying for a surprise run in 2020/2021 with a decent showing in the NCAAs, after which JB announces he is turning over the reins to the best coach John Wildhack can hire. May not be realistic but that's my take.

Say it isn’t so
I spent 2 years making the lemonade there. It’s notjing special. It’s just lemons and sugar. It’s also a day old. We would cut and juice around 4PM and save them for the next day

i think we're past lemonade. in fact the program may have turned a corner . you know. where fudge is made.

(juvenile i'll admit yes but i couldn't resist)

If only someone could invent a bot to take inventory of all of the excuses posted for the last decade or so, I might be able to analyze the data and give you a more concise answer than my legendary lengthy posts that some used to poke fun at when I still made them.
the last decade? We have been #1 seeds twice. Went to final fours in years we weren't #1 seeds. And started 25-0 in another year. It's the last few years. I wonder if anything happened between those 1 seed years and the last few years? What could it be?