You can't coach catching the ball | Syracusefan.com

You can't coach catching the ball

B

Brooky03

you can't. Regardless of how Rak played - he played great - I'm putting this loss squarely on his shoulders for not catching the inbound . Catch it, hold it, get fouled. Simple!

you can't. Regardless of how Rak played - he played great - I'm putting this loss squarely on his shoulders for not catching the inbound . Catch it, hold it, get fouled. Simple!

Really? G was the biggest problem down the stretch on those inbounds.

Burned our timeout instead of passing to a wide open Cooney when we were up 5. Who was he even looking for?

Rather than picking up the ball and quickly inbounding to Cooney when we were up 2, he LITERALLY stands around letting the ball sit on the ground waiting for Nova to set their D.

Fantastic plan.

Kid looked lost.

All of that is more or less on him.

I already know my opinion in this thread is going to be unpopular, but Rak blew it. Plain and simple. Catch the ball. I don't care if you have the Hulk's fist up your butt, catch it. I don't care if you're getting punched in the face. Catch it. I don't care if you don't have functioning arms. Catch the f*cking ball!!!

If that's your take-away from the game, you must have missed a lot of action. I realize people that are upset will latch onto things irrationally but that one's really out there.

I already know my opinion in this thread is going to be unpopular, but Rak blew it. Plain and simple. Catch the ball. I don't care if you have the Hulk's fist up your butt, catch it. I don't care if you're getting punched in the face. Catch it. I don't care if you don't have functioning arms. Catch the f*cking ball!!!

I don't know - you're talking about a slow moving lob pass that's taking Christmas toward the sideline, you also have someone jumping through his shoulder who is getting his hands in there. You have people slapping at your hand as you land. That's not the easiest catch of all-time right there - should he make it, I really don't know.

Did he get fouled? Yep! He came back hard for the ball, not much else you can do as the emergency valve at the end of the five second count.

Christmas got fouled on that play. So did Cooney.
Yup. Cooney gets pushed to the ground and Christmas gets slapped by at least two players.

Yup. Cooney gets pushed to the ground and Christmas gets slapped by at least two players.

If it was football, pass interference would've been called on the pass to Christmas.

If that's your take-away from the game, you must have missed a lot of action. I realize people that are upset will latch onto things irrationally but that one's really out there.

nah

I'm always going to believe a fan is rational when he's upset at the center for having to handle the inbounds play when 99% of the time it's not his damn job.

lol. This was a brutal game, for sure.

The valid criticisms I could have gone with are 1) The refs were bad. Really bad. 2) We have a lot of players who are downright scared at the end of the game. 3) Our rebounding was horrendous, despite what the final rebounding margin was. 4) We still haven't learned to not allow 3 point shots at the end of games, period! Doesn't matter if that means giving up a wide open layup.

I chose to hate on Christmas though. Why? Because catching the ball while a 6'9 grown man assaults you physically is just something you need to be able to do 100% of the time. No margin for error.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom