You Guys Are Slacking... | Syracusefan.com

You Guys Are Slacking...

The nBE losing one of their Big Draws...Butler will slide back a notch unless they grab another good coach. I wonder if the Shocker Coach would move? Kinda a lateral move though.

Just goes to show how fast the New Big East has fallen in terms of prestige. That is not a good job in Boston, Doc couldn't run fast enough to get out. Blowing up the franchise in Boston, and hiring a new coach, is a sure fire recipe for disaster.

Just goes to show how fast the New Big East has fallen in terms of prestige. That is not a good job in Boston, Doc couldn't run fast enough to get out. Blowing up the franchise in Boston, and hiring a new coach, is a sure fire recipe for disaster.

I think it is a GREAT low risk career move for Stevens. I can't imagine that he ultimately was going to stay at Butler forever. For whatever reason he seemed reluctant to jump from Butler to another college program and take a step up the food chain at the NCAA level. I don't know whether the "right" job wasn't offered, he felt a sense of loyalty/allegiance to Butler that wouldn't allow him to jump to another NCAA program or he was nervous about being able to replicate his success somewhere else??

But by jumping to the NBA not only will he get a huge pay raise (I am assuming as I haven't seen numbers reported) but there is almost nothing that he could do in this job on the court that will tarnish his NCAA record. If he fails schools will say its a completely different environment and doesn't really bear on his ability to be successful in college.

If he succeeds in Boston its great for him. If he doesn't, he will have A1 college programs lining up to take him when his tenure in Boston is done. He will either end up as a successful NBA head coach or at a better college program than Butler.

See Lawrinson's post on 7.3.2013 @ 6:58 PM.

would be a better job than USC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom