You know it's an unusual CBB season when... | Syracusefan.com

You know it's an unusual CBB season when...

Eric15

Living Legend
A team loses (UVA to Va Tech) but still ascends to #1. I also feel like having different #1s in the AP (MSU) and Coaches (UVA) is highly unusual.

(I know the Top 25 doesn't mean anything. Just a passing observation)

if every season is an unusual season, at what point does an unusual season become a usual season?

I would understand it somewhat if it was a close loss on the road but didn’t UVA lose at JPJ?

I mean part of the reason I was so pumped when we beat Nova in 2010 was knowing that Kentucky and Kansas both lost the same day so a number one ranking on Monday was inevitable.

if every season is an unusual season, at what point does an unusual season become a usual season?
This sounds as if it should have been said by the philosoraptor:

24fyie.jpg

Very wacky year in college basketball and that's not a good thing. Virginia will be hard pressed to hold every opponent along the way to the Final Four under 60 while providing enough offense.

Some of the current top 10 are just odd.

Xavier and Purdue - 1 seeds.
Texas Tech, Auburn, Cincinnati - 2 seed.

I would be surprised if anybody had 2 of the above 5 in their preseason top 10 teams.

I can name exactly two players in the history of Auburn basketball: Charles Barkley and Chris Porter.

I would be surprised if anybody had 2 of the above 5 in their preseason top 10 teams.

If this was like 1998 Purdue Auburn and Cinci would make sense.

How’s Stanford doing these days?

I can name exactly two players in the history of Auburn basketball: Charles Barkley and Chris Porter.

Big Chris Porters hair fan over here.

You don't know "the Rifleman". He is still making news.

We beat Auburn in the sweet 16 in 2003.
They had Marquies Daniels who was a good NBA player on that team.
We won by 1 point but it was really 4 as they hit a 3 at the buzzer.
We actually pressed in the first half (with the lead) to build up the lead.

It’s only unusual because all the experts continuously believe the best recruiting class is going to win every game every year and fans buy it. Same thing will happen next year. People will say Duke is head and shoulders above everyone next year until they aren’t.

i watched a bit of the texas a&m/ auburn last week. auburn has excellent guards but could not stop the aggies underneath at all.

Chuck Person is relieved.

Sorta...

Wesley Person was no slouch himself.

And a shout out to Moochie Norris perhaps?

Ndiaye. There was an Ndiaye on that lousy 1-seed in 1999 who Syracuse was absolutely positively going to upset, that is, if they hadn't pooped in their pants in the first round against Oklahoma State.

Anyway, I haven't seen a minute of Auburn this year, but the SEC has been a pretty crappy league for years and I'm not going too far out on a limb to predict that Auburn won't make it to the second weekend of the tournament.

It’s only unusual because all the experts continuously believe the best recruiting class is going to win every game every year and fans buy it. Same thing will happen next year. People will say Duke is head and shoulders above everyone next year until they aren’t.

I'll take the bait and dig up this fun stroll down memory lane! Duke superteam?

"I'd have that many wins, too, if I coached in the SEC." - Charles G. "Lefty" Driesell on Adolph Rupp's career wins total.

"It's the SEC, baby. If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin." -Sir Charles

I think a few might have had X, Purdue and Cincy.

We beat Auburn in the sweet 16 in 2003.
They had Marquies Daniels who was a good NBA player on that team.
We won by 1 point but it was really 4 as they hit a 3 at the buzzer.
Daniels is the rebuttal to the position that our zone should ignore the high post threat. He carved up our defense with ruthless efficiency in the second half. If we did not hit a bunch of free throws at the end, we lose.

Daniels is the rebuttal to the position that our zone should ignore the high post threat. He carved up our defense with ruthless efficiency in the second half. If we did not hit a bunch of free throws at the end, we lose.
The Orange were fortunate that the horn sounded before he hit another shot.
He was on fire from the free throw area in the 2nd half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom