you know what is a hoot | Syracusefan.com

you know what is a hoot

dasher

Hoops Inside Info Guru
In years that we have a great record and flame out in the NCAA tournament, jb can't win in the tournament and that is what counts. In years where we do well in the tournament after doing poorly in the regular season, not it is easy to do well in the tournament. Which is it?

In years that we have a great record and flame out in the NCAA tournament, jb can't win in the tournament and that is what counts. In years where we do well in the tournament after doing poorly in the regular season, not it is easy to do well in the tournament. Which is it?
it's both, duh.

I'm happy if there is fierce effort and achievement; hopefully the "over" kind and not the "under" variety...

Problem is going to be making the tournament at this point. This team will be very good if we get a PG. It is plausible that our guards will improve to serviceable but if they don't we will finish with a losing record.

imho jb does his best coaching with lesser talent. however i still believe the light may go on in a few more games. what bothers me most is, this team other than lydon and does not seem to have the "heart" and drive of teams in the past ---no leadership.
the jury is still out. the hustle and determination factor is lacking---hard to coach that. i think lydon and possibly coleman have to step up to the leadership role ---and lead this team.

Come on...we want to win every game.

Why can't we feel whatever we feel at the moment/in that given season? Based on what we just saw?

If we have an amazing regular season, and have expectations for a long NCAA run... and those hopes come to a crushing end, we're going to feel crushed.

If we have a relatively poor season and somehow advance deep into the tournament, why can't we accept that for exactly what it was?

Never understood the 'you have to choose sides' arguments. As if there's one correct way to think about anything.

imho jb does his best coaching with lesser talent.

Not arguing here, but can you give examples? This is a common thought in this forum, and i've never really understood why.

"Best coaching" — does that equate to 'best results,' or 'surprise results?'

Don't our best teams have NBA talent? Not sure what happened with John Wallace (96) in the pros... Can someone remind me?

Not arguing here, but can you give examples? This is a common thought in this forum, and i've never really understood why.

Don't our best teams have NBA talent? Not sure what happened with John Wallace (96) in the pros... Can someone remind me?
I think it means JB's teams have made their deepest NCAAT runs when it's least expected (i.e., advancing beyond their seed), although I'm not sure that's even true.

surp

surprise results--look at the overall talent on the 96 team compared with others.including the one done when richmond took us out in the 1st round. look at the sherman douglas era and the players with him seikley, coleman etc etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom