You let teams hang around | Syracusefan.com

You let teams hang around

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
And they'll have a chance at the end. Really disappointed with that ending. I know we didn't have Grant (he needs to get healthy, without him, no chance), but we built a big lead, and just didn't put them away. Seemed like we were stuck at +10 forever. Silly turnovers. Credit MD for hanging in there.

Not really sure what we can do, it's been a trend this year and it's going to be the norm. I'm having heart murmurs thinking about these type of games in the early round of the tournament in March... my goodness!

Again- a strange, strange game for our strange (yet, pretty incredible) season.

i think we just ran out of gas. playing short-handed, second road game in three days versus a team playing at home after a week of rest. if grant was 100% I think he would have drawn a bunch of fouls and we win more easily.

You realize Jerami Grant didn't play for a big part of the game? Discounting that is not particularly smart.

Nope I missed it. Maybe I should go re-watch it. My point stands.

Did Grant play in the BC game?

we outshot them 60 to 40 from the floor. shouldda won by ten.

it also seemed like Maryland had about 20 turnovers. They are just plain bad. Should have won by 20. Kind of concerning we blew another 12 point lead (BC was +13)

You realize Jerami Grant didn't play for a big part of the game? Discounting that is not particularly smart.
We had a 10 point lead with 5 minutes left. Even without Grant we should have closed the game out. We let them back in with a chance to steal it. I'm thrilled we won...but the bad play down the stretch of games is becoming a pattern.

Can you believe you can turn it over 20+ times against a top 5 team and still only lose by two? Very frustrated with the end of this one - shorthanded or not. How many times have we had a dozen point lead this year and then go into automatic sleepwalk mode? I am almost never negative Nancy but I am frustrated right now. I guess this is just this team this year...

So if you're counting the BC game, we should have lost. We were missing one of our best players. S*** happens and we won.

Maybe he should go back and re-read your post...he obviously discounted the fact that you mentioned same... :)

Can you believe you can turn it over 20+ times against a top 5 team and still only lose by two? Very frustrated with the end of this one - shorthanded or not. How many times have we had a dozen point lead this year and then go into automatic sleepwalk mode? I am almost never negative Nancy but I am frustrated right now. I guess this is just this team this year...

Keep it real, 18 turnovers per the stat sheet...but I hear ya... :) Cooney missed a half dozen open looks where he had time to set his feet, square up and everything...considerable difference had he mad a few of those...

So if you're counting the BC game, we should have lost. We were missing one of our best players. S*** happens and we won.

We lost to BC in overtime. We avoided a potential game-winning layup and long range buzzer beater to survive in this one. They aren't as different as you think they are. Yes, I know one counts as an L, one as a W. And yes, it technically "doesn't matter how you do it". In my humble opinion, I disagree. I think it completely matters how you do it. Again, maybe not in the win/loss column, but when you are preparing for a tournament? I don't see how it doesn't.

Again- you let teams who are less talented than you hang around, a loose ball/foul call/ tip shot are incredibly more significant.

We'll definitely end up agreeing to disagree here, just trying to lay it all out I guess :).

I fully expect the VA game to go down to the last possession. I'll be honest, I haven't watched too much of them this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom