You thought this week was bad? | Syracusefan.com

You thought this week was bad?

Acesn8s

Starter
Wait until next week. First and foremost hopefully all these kids who got injuries have a speedy recovery..... Moving on Liberty is much improved. Of all schools I don’t want to lose to liberty is one I could not stomach, but I have a real strong feeling that’s exactly what is going to happen. This week was a travesty. And i have seen all I need to see of Dino Babers to realize he isn’t going to get this turned around anytime soon. It’s clear More then ever that one season was a fluke and Eric Dungey is not walking through that tunnel again. This fish is rotten from the head down. This is not a throw away year, there will be conference championships, there will be a playoff. Will Dino get fired this year? NO... but that seat should be blazing hot.

I’m not worried about next week. I’ve accepted that we’ll probably lose to Liberty and that it’s not a long term problem.

I’m worried about the week after and getting out of Clemson alive.

Interesting how the human brain has such an incredible ability to rationalize so much. 12 years removed from Grob, 6 years removed from HCSS and now 5 years into the Dino regime we apparently as a fan base have accepted losing to a school in its 2nd season of ever playing D1 ball...at home to boot. Now, if this isn't daunting relative to this program, then I don't know what is.

On that note, and with all due respect, it is and has been a long term problem. Moreover, Dino has only been a P5 coach for the duration of time he's been on the Hill, that's it. He is catapulting towards his 4th losing season out of 5, therefore, his track record only suggests more of the same, unless there's somehow a complete 180 IMO.

Interesting how the human brain has such an incredible ability to rationalize so much. 12 years removed from Grob, 6 years removed from HCSS and now 5 years into the Dino regime we apparently as a fan base have accepted losing to a school in its 2nd season of ever playing D1 ball...at home to boot. Now, if this isn't daunting relative to this program, then I don't know what is.

On that note, and with all due respect, it is and has been a long term problem. Moreover, Dino has only been a P5 coach for the duration of time he's been on the Hill, that's it. He is catapulting towards his 4th losing season out of 5, therefore, his track record only suggests more of the same, unless there's somehow a complete 180 IMO.

I just meant this year's 1-10 won't be the norm. Maybe last year's 5-7, or 6-6 is the norm. Maybe we'll just hire a new coach and try again.

I do know that the success we enjoyed in the 90s is gone. Completely different landscape, and I've accepted our place within it. It could be much worse, we could have been left behind during the P5 consolidation.

You guys can get spun up over coach after coach that doesn't meet your expectations. I already had my turn in that game and wasn't cheated. Perhaps that magical coach that makes 8-9 wins the new norm is actually here now or coming soon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom