Your 2012 NCAA Announcing Teams | Syracusefan.com

Your 2012 NCAA Announcing Teams

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Play-By-Play / Analyst
Jim Nantz / Clark Kellogg (Regional Announce Team)
Marv Albert / Steve Kerr (Regional Announce Team)
Verne Lundquist / Bill Raftery (Regional Announce Team)
Kevin Harlan / Len Elmore / Reggie Miller (Regional Announce Team)
Ian Eagle / Jim Spanarkel
Brian Anderson / Dan Bonner
Tim Brando / Mike Gminski
Spero Dedes / Bob Wenzel
Tracy Wolfson, Craig Sager, Lesley Visser, Marty Snider, Lewis Johnson, Jaime Maggio and Otis Livingston will serve as courtside reporters throughout the tournament.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2012-02-22/broadcast-teams-announced

No Gus Johnson has to be a good omen for us.

And the award for drunkest announcing team goes to...

Lundquist and Raftery, for their performance in every broadcast ever!

Like Marv Albert... going to miss Gus Johnson.
He did the Butler and Vermont game. I enjoy him as well, but we've had awful luck with him doing our games...

Yeah, nothing like NBA teams doing college ball. :rolleyes::bat:

Yeah, nothing like NBA teams doing college ball. :rolleyes::bat:
What NBA "teams", I see a few NBA guys, but that's it. CBS only uses a handful of teams for the regular season so they have to get people from somewhere for the tourney.

Disappointed there's no Jay Bilas though.

What NBA "teams", I see a few NBA guys, but that's it. CBS only uses a handful of teams for the regular season so they have to get people from somewhere for the tourney.

Disappointed there's no Jay Bilas though.

Sager, Visser, Miller, Albert/Kerr, Brando does both, Harlan does both, Dedes.

Okay, maybe I over-reacted as most of the NBA guys are matched up with a college accouncer. I just hope Kellogg does most of our games as he usually gushes about SU. And like you, disappointed there's no Bilas.

My guess i
Sager, Visser, Miller, Albert/Kerr, Brando does both, Harlan does both, Dedes.

Okay, maybe I over-reacted as most of the NBA guys are matched up with a college accouncer. I just hope Kellogg does most of our games as he usually gushes about SU. And like you, disappointed there's no Bilas.
My guess is either Marv/Kerr or Vern/Raftery will be the East regional.

My hunch is that Bilas quit doing it a couple years ago when the new CBS contract took effect because it requires announcers not to criticize the officiating.

Nothing to back this up, but Bilas is always honest about bad calls and CBS criticism of officiating has become non-existant since the new contract took effect.

Sad about no Gus in general. I like the fact that most of the announce teams remain the same, fwiw.

God I hate Len Elmore, always sticks on one point and has nothing of value to add to the games whatsoever.

Seriously he did one game where we were up by like 30 with ten minutes left, the opponent cut it to 25 with like 8 left and he was like, this team needs to be careful comeback is brewing

and he says something like Syracuse really needs to find an outside threat and then ever time we miss a shot feel the need to reiterate the same point, and after a make say something like they need more of that gus.

no S*&t Sherlock!

Spero Dedes is in a little hot water for his "Chink in the armor" remark. Wonder if he gets reassigned.

My hunch is that Bilas quit doing it a couple years ago when the new CBS contract took effect because it requires announcers not to criticize the officiating.

Nothing to back this up, but Bilas is always honest about bad calls and CBS criticism of officiating has become non-existant since the new contract took effect.
I think CBS started getting overly paranoid several years ago when Gary McCord got bounced from the Masters announcing team for remarking something about bodies under large undulations in the fairways. Might have been the same time he talked about greens as fast as if they were done with bikini wax.
Bilas adds so much to an annouce team. Too bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom