Class of 2019 - Ken Evans Jr. | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 Ken Evans Jr.

Like we started to discuss in the PG thread. I don't think Evans has the ability to shift to PG does that mean JJ would take the first crack at the lead guard position?
I think so.

Very similar in profile to Leffew and Reynolds - Red and his staff definitely have a type. Lol

But clearly they want a lengthy combo/point guard who shoots well from 3. Evans at 6'5 and 39% from 3 fits the profile. Evan looks to be more of SG than a a real combo or point but he does have a handle and appears to be a willing passer (3 assists a game). That could be part of the pitch to Evans - "Come to Syracuse, play in the ACC and we'll develop your on-ball skills to better prepare you for the league" - the last part of that pitch could be made to Starling as well.

If Evans commits the only true PG on the roster will be Carlos. So SOMEBODY is going to have to also play minutes at the point - whether as the starter or the back-up. I think JJ's best shot at the league would be as a PG - he's solid but he's not the type of elite scorer, defender or athlete at the 2 that the NBA wants - not yet anyway. But IMHO, if Starling were to switch to PG full-time and demonstrate the ability to play it, he may vastly improve his pro prospects. So I would think he'd be Candidate#1 to be the other PG. But Westry, Cuffe or maybe possibly Evans could also fill that role. Red will figure it out.

But regardless, Evans is too talented a shooter and scorer to pass on. I hope they reel him in. Good player - he may prove be better than Leffew.

I'm no expert, but Evans looks like a step up from Leffew to me. Nobody is stopping him from getting that step back when he wants it.

Watching the tape it seems Evans would be the better overall player but I think Leffew had more point-guard skills which is why he probably was initially more attractive to Red.

At the end it talks about how he gets a lot of his points running the pick and roll. I'd say that's good news for what we want from him.

I can see why we would have wanted Leffew more but this guy is probably a better player in a vacuum and they check a lot of the same boxes. You can see why SU would offer Leffew what they thought was fair but not go beyond budget for him. There are clearly other fish in the sea.

At the end it talks about how he gets a lot of his points running the pick and roll. I'd say that's good news for what we want from him.

I can see why we would have wanted Leffew more but this guy is probably a better player in a vacuum and they check a lot of the same boxes. You can see why SU would offer Leffew what they thought was fair but not go beyond budget for him. There are clearly other fish in the sea.
100% agree on all points General.

You can see why SU would offer Leffew what they thought was fair but not go beyond budget for him. There are clearly other fish in the sea.
At some point though you need to close. Time is running out.

Watching the tape it seems Evans would be the better overall player but I think Leffew had more point-guard skills which is why he probably was initially more attractive to Red.
just watched all his videos on his instagram...this guy is legit

man amongst boys

hes got that craftiness and refined game you see from NBA players

actually reminded me of judah...but physically stronger and better from 3

see he dropped 20 on GTOWN? good enough for me !

would be a great pickup

just watched all his videos on his instagram...this guy is legit

man amongst boys

hes got that craftiness and refined game you see from NBA players

actually reminded me of judah...but physically stronger and better from 3

see he dropped 20 on GTOWN? good enough for me !

would be a great pickup
OK I'm in.
Let the hand-wringing begin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors