Possible Portal Point Guards | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

Possible Portal Point Guards

If we get Evans I think JJ and Evans are the starting backcourt.
Good Times Nostalgia GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Isn’t it a PG we need and everyone is screaming for? We have JJ, Westry and Moore who can all play the 2.
I like the idea of adding another shooter. at 6 5 maybe he gets some run at the 3

Jj has no business at point either. What is this hap hazard roster construction people keep calling for. This is a power 6 program, not IUPUI
We have more talent on our roster even without Evans than we have since 2014, maybe 2016.

We have more talent on our roster even without Evans than we have since 2014, maybe 2016.
If you’re desperate for positives, yeah i guess we can maybe say they’re better than the Andrew white team, but I would argue that team was far more talented than this roster (as constructed) and simply ran into a buzzsaw of an ACC. Outside of that, there hasn’t really been a talented team since

Last edited:
With the amount of negativity on this board lately, yes I’m going to choose to focus on positives.
When they earn positivity, they’ll get positivity. Pretending like the team is just going to be magically better tomorrow because we want them to be won’t make it so. We can and should be disappointed in poor roster moves and any bad coaching that occurs, past and present. Sorry but Syracuse should be a tournament team every year, when they’re not negativity should reign. If you hold or build a bad roster that can’t even sniff the bubble then you don’t get positivity, this isn’t high school ball, this is P6, multi-million dollar, turn a team around in one season, basketball.

I did not like what I saw of JJ at the point last year. Handle was too loose for my taste and not strong enough with the ball, but we’ll see if he gets better with more minutes at the position.
I really think the challenge to him (and Bell) is to round out their game and improve weaknesses. JJ won't make the NBA without improving his handle just like Bell needs to add more to his game besides shooting.

Maybe they rise to the challenge because the season depends on it.

If JJs pg skills are as bad as everyone says, does Chance start at Pg with Evans at the 2 and JJ is 6th man off the bench?

If we get this kid, he should be the starting 2G. He’s better than JJ.
All these folks who doubt JJ Starling as our SG are gonna eat their words next year.

All these folks who doubt JJ Starling as our SG are gonna eat their words next year.
if this means less JJ minutes I’ll be happy. If he plays good I’d be more than happy to eat my words and say im wrong but as of now and what we saw last year I’d love to upgrade the entire starting guard lineup. Maybe Carlos at point and Evans at 2g works best I’m not sure.

I like the idea of adding another shooter. at 6 5 maybe he gets some run at the 3
I don't like his overall shooting numbers. He shot under 40% his first 3 seasons, and barely made 40% as a senior. Strange, because his 3-point pct. is pretty good.

Certainly don’t know his game other than highlights.

6-4 or 6-5, so good size, clearly he can shoot the ball, negative DPM, not on a winning team in the SWAC.

And based on the numbers. He’s simply not a PG.

Agreed with a couple of the posts here. This feels like shifting JJ to PG along with Carlos. Meh.

That said beggars can’t be choosers. He clearly can score so again, appears we are going to be able to put up points if we get him. Defense optional? Didn’t work with the Buddy/Jimmy year. I have my concerns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom