“Why Not Us???” -Mikel Jones | Syracusefan.com

“Why Not Us???” -Mikel Jones

F yeah
Man o man that’s just awesome. Add it to all the other awesome of this year so far. If they can pull one out of the hat Saturday then we enter historic awesome.

And it can most certainly be done. Lived it. My college team hadn’t had a winning season in 20+ years were 3-25 the three years previously, last game (and) season with a similar storyline to what he just wrote, big game of the season we beat the number two team in the nation when nobody, and I mean nobody give us a shot. The week before we beat Wagner all on the way to a historic season of our own.

It CAN be done, these kids believe, these coaches believe, and now, most of our fans believe. Let’s watch history happen Saturday. LGFO

F yeah
Unbelievably well written article. MJ is special, so proud he is Syracuse Ohana. What a great representative of the team and our community. And I totally agree...Why not US!

F yeah

I can't help but see the parallels to the Nebraska win, and the '87 season, in this mindset.

The entire team truly believes they can, AND WILL, win this game.
They have the talent, they have the schemes, and they have the hunger and desire, forged in those difficult prior seasons, to propel them thru.

Mikel is a GD Orange TREASURE!!!!
He knows he can make an indelible legacy for himself and his teammates this season, and will do everything in his power to make it happen.

LFGO!!!!

MOB RULES!!!!
Tigers drool!

hard-diamond.gif

F yeah
Wow. He writes as well as he plays.

I think the biggest key you need to turn a program around is a handful of great leaders on the team.

We have some on this team.

Buckle up, it is going to be a wild ride from here to the end of the season.

1f9e1.png
1f9e1.png
1f9e1.png
1f9e1.png
THIS article says it all. So much wrapped up in what Mikel says. THIS is what I have been waiting years for. THIS is why I live in AZ but have season football tickets. THIS is why I drive everyone around me crazy on game day. THIS is why my license plate is "CUSE44". THIS is Orange pride as good as it gets.

Whatever happens the rest of the season. The leadership on THIS team will have an impact going far beyond this year. These guys have changed the culture…really. The young guys know what it takes now as the leaders are leading the way. So when these guys leading now head off to the NFL or graduate. The next group knows what it takes and what it looks like. I don’t think I can understate enough just how special the leaders on the team are…Mikel, GS, Garrett Williams, Bergeron, Caleb, etc…they are doing so much more for this program than winning games. I honestly think a few years from now, 10 years from now, we are going to look back at this 2022 team and the leaders on this team and say they were the foundation. I think Dino knows that too. Enjoy it, cause we have a couple home run coordinators, we have the talent and we have the leadership.

I can't help but see the parallels to the Nebraska win, and the '87 season, in this mindset.

The entire team truly believes they can, AND WILL, win this game.
They have the talent, they have the schemes, and they have the hunger and desire, forged in those difficult prior seasons, to propel them thru.

Mikel is a GD Orange TREASURE!!!!
He knows he can make an indelible legacy for himself and his teammates this season, and will do everything in his power to make it happen.

LFGO!!!!

MOB RULES!!!!
Tigers drool!

The '87 season parallel has been evident since the beginning of the season, after we "upset" Louisville, given the way the schedule shaped up.

Doesn't mean that the net result will be the same, but to date it sure has worked out that way.