“Why Not Us???” -Mikel Jones | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

“Why Not Us???” -Mikel Jones

MAN...would I have loved/wanted to have a teammate like this when I played.
Can you imagine the number of high school teams across the nation that could use a letter like this maybe taped to their locker as the come to dress for tonight's game?

Mikel, we are lucky...

This is why players play, kids like Jones would be welcome anywhere in the country. He stayed at SU. He and his teammates have a rare opportunity. Games like this are what people dream of, an opportunity to go against the best with a reasonable chance, to overthrow the giant and defeat the bully. Good luck to the SU squad, enjoy tomorrow.

F yeah
Say we beat Clemson and there is no other upset this week. This is my prediction of AP Top 10:

1. Georgia
2. Tennessee
3. Ohio State
4. Michigan
5. Mississippi
6. Alabama
7. UCLA/Oregon winner
8. TCU
9. Syracuse
10. Clemson

Even Mississippi is upset by LSU, they will still be ranked ahead of us. If UCLA is upset by Oregon, one loss Oregon will be ranked ahead of us. We need SEC team get 2nd loss so we can pass them. Same applied to Michigan and Ohio State. Even we keep winning, it is very hard for us to get into top 4. The media wants to see four SEC teams in the play-off. They already figure out it can be done if each has only one loss. Ohio State or Michigan can steal one seat if they keep unbeaten. Unlikely for us to get the same treatment as Michigan and Ohio State. UCLA can get the same treatment since they are now in B1G. TCU is likely to be on the same boat with us.

I must say that was a tremendous article Mr. Jones. If your not inspired and a believer after reading that, I really don't know how you could not be. You represent yourself, your team and your school in the definition of what first class is. I have been blessed to watch two tremendous linebackers these past several years. Before you was another tremendous young man named Zaire Franklin who you remind me of. Franklin was a favorite of mine on his teams and you certainly are a favorite on your teams. Just know that I think I can speak for all Syracuse University Football Fans when I say you are the soul of this team and it is greatly appreciated. Good luck tomorrow and every day for the rest of your life. Go Orange, Orange Forever!!!!!!

Recruit, develop on and off the field and the success will come with it. Never been never will be about the number of stars at Syracuse. This the path to sustained success.
Can't cheat the process!!