“Zone kills nba chances” | Syracusefan.com

“Zone kills nba chances”

For the clown pundits and opposing fans who say that should probably watch Matisse Thybulle on Philly who went to Washington. Just locked down the Nets single handily. Clinic...best defender ive seen in a long time

Straw man ..

With no hand checking allowing the NBA I think more teams should play zone. The lakers with their size would be unstoppable playing zone. Boston destroyed their M2M tonight

1) One example doesn't prove anything.
2) If you pay attention to bombastic absolute statements like "X kills Y," you've already lost.
3) A very reasonable argument can be made that practicing one thing and not another makes you better at the one thing, and diminishes your skills at the other. There's a pretty good reason why we don't just jump into M2M when our zone isn't working.
4) Opposing recruiters would be stupid not to use our defense against us. If you're a football coach, trying to sign a drop-back QB, and your competitor runs a Wing-T, you'd be a moron not to tell the kid that your system will prepare him for the NFL better than the relic system.
5) Why do people really need to make excuses for zone? And really, if you were a kid with no connections to SU and just starting to watch college basketball and were about to become a fan, do you really think you'd choose a zone team? Is your identity really tied up in the Zone?

I don't know about you guys but I'm still waiting for SU to play a OOC game outside of NYS.

Speaking of playing man and zone it's interesting to see what Baylor has done this year. Last year they were primarily a zone team and this year they've gone exclusively man to man. Definitely one of the top defensive teams in the country and a case of changing the defensive approach to fit the athletes on your squad.

They won at Ohio state last year

It was sarcasm jd...just like pointing out the group TV/mouthpiece think of playing zone being harmful to learning man, both are wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom