su

• su

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • su

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

2-3zone

2nd String
Maui(Baylor, Cal, Gonzaga), @St.John's, ACC-B10 challenge(Michigan rematch most likely), G-Town(home,road?) Duke, North Carolina, Pitt, ND

I would bet its IU-SU rematch before its Mich-SU just a thought. Or possibly even a match with a lower end Big team like Penn St. Either way will be a lot of big names on the schedule for sure.

I think we'll be taking a break from Georgetown for a few years.

Both Michigan and Indiana were at home this year in the ACC-B1G challenge. The top ACC teams next year should be
1. Duke
2/3. North Carolina/Syracuse
the top B1G teams will be assuming 2 of Trey Burke, Mitch McGary, Tim Hardaway Jr., Glenn Robinson III leave for the NBA.
1. Michigan State(assuming Nix and Gary Harris return)
2/3. Ohio State/Iowa

I think Syracuse will play Michigan @ the Dome, but if they go by the projected B1G order Syracuse would likely play 1 of these 3 teams and since North Carolina and Duke won't want to play Iowa that could be Syracuse's opponent, and I don't know if Iowa was at home or on the road last year.

Also, we aren't going to be playing Georgetown next year while I expect the series to resume in the future, John Thompson III controls Georgetown's schedule and since they play Kansas next year I highly doubt he will over-schedule and I expect the Georgetown series to resume after a 2 year hiatus.

Maui(Baylor, Cal, Gonzaga), @St.John's, ACC-B10 challenge(Michigan rematch most likely), G-Town(home,road?) Duke, North Carolina, Pitt, ND
I wouldn't call it "loaded" by any stretch, how much tougher would it be than this year?

I love the potential for what next years schedule might be. We play in Hawaii against some solid programs, and take part in the ACC-B1G challenge. Aside from that, I hope we play at st.johns and georgetown as annual OOC match ups. Maybe a Philly team too (Nova, Temple). Gotta keep the strong recruiting hotspots going. I think it would be really cool next season to play at Cornell as well. They have been really good to us about keep the scheduling partnership alive and we should pay respect to that. Aside from the OOC season, the conference schedule will be amazing.

I thought I read somewhere the ACC/B1G matchups will from now on be determined by the previous year's RPI. Could be wrong though.

I love the potential for what next years schedule might be. We play in Hawaii against some solid programs, and take part in the ACC-BIG challenge. Aside from that, I hope we play at st.johns and georgetown as annual OOC match ups. Maybe a Philly team too (Nova, Temple). Gotta keep the strong recruiting hotspots going. I think it would be really cool next season to play at Cornell as well. They have been really good to us about keep the scheduling partnership alive and we should pay respect to that. Aside from the OOC season, the conference schedule will be amazing.
No top 25 team is going to play a road game in an Ivy league school gymnasium unless its for a Senior playing a game near his home, and we have no players from Ithaca. Cornell isn't even going to be the best Ivy league team next year as Harvard will be a borderline top 25 team next year. If we want to play Cornell they will be a paycheck game next year. I am sure Syracuse would love to play Georgetown and St. John's every year in the non-conference, but it takes 2 to tango, and Georgetown is butthurt at us leaving Et tu Syracuse? and thus I believe JTIII will wait 2 years to schedule and when their arena is a wasteland next year attendance wise they will beg for us to play them. I don't think our ACC home schedule is going to be really special next year as I don't expect both North Carolina and Duke to be home games if I had to guess I bet we get Duke at home next year and North Carolina at the Dean Dome. However, those games would be awesome and have a jam packed Dome.

I thought I read somewhere the ACC/B1G matchups will from now on be determined by the previous year's RPI. Could be wrong though.
The matchups won't be determined by the previous year RPI the eligible ACC teams will be determined by the previous year's RPI the top 12(soon to be 14) teams. Thus because the ACC will have 15 teams next year the 12 ACC in the challenge will be the top 12 ACC teams from the final 2012 RPI.

It sure will be fun to finally play duke and unc, and possibly one or even 2 ranked teams OOC. One of them possibly not even in a preseason tournament! lol Does anyone here remember the real loaded schedules when the Big East was just brutal? Come on! The OOC isn't at all time lows, but it doesnt sound like we're really stepping it up like schools like Kansas, Duke, etc, do. Yeah, we pick up UNC, Duke, Miami... Lose Louisville, the UConn rivalry, and others... not sure how set in stone Georgtown is... and then we have the rest of the ACC that we've mocked UNC and Duke for steamrolling through for decades. Color me less than blown away so far folks.

I could be wrong, and I could still be bitter about football trumping the team with a hall of fame coach that's carried this school in big time athletics, but I also am far from certain I will consider this schedule loaded until I am shown more. Maybe I just like being a contrarian on here as well. Probably all of the above, but there is a decent chance I'm making a point here.

The matchups won't be determined by the previous year RPI the eligible ACC teams will be determined by the previous year's RPI the top 12(soon to be 14) teams. Thus because the ACC will have 15 teams next year the 12 ACC in the challenge will be the top 12 ACC teams from the final 2012 RPI.

Ah, ok. That makes sense.

I want Ohio St. in the big 10 challenge! That lost hurts more than Michigan to me.

if were not playing Georgetown hopefully we play nova at the dome since st johns is "away"

if were not playing Georgetown hopefully we play nova at the dome since st johns is "away"
We have 18 ACC games, 1 B1G/ACC game, @St. John's, Maui Invitational 4 games that count as 1 that leaves 7 openings.
You can count on one of them being Colgate that leaves 6 openings. I doubt JB will schedule another old Big East team next year with the youth we will have on this team and unless C.J. Fair returns we can bank on the other 6 games being tomato cans at the Dome UNLESS JB wants to play a team on the West Coast(USC?) on the way to Hawaii early in the season next year.

here are the top 12 as far as I can tell for next years acc-b1G challenge.

duke
Miami
Syracuse
unc
nc state
nd
Pittsburgh
Maryland
Virginia
florida state
boston college
Georgia tech

wake forest,virginia tech and Clemson will be sitting it out this year. when big10 has 14 teams after next year will the challenge move from 12 to 14 teams?

nova game at the dome and 6 cream puffs(maybe 1 on west coast before Hawaii trip) should be ok especially if fair is staying. acc bigten challenge hopefully we are home

They'll probably send us to Buttgers! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

We have 18 ACC games, 1 B1G/ACC game, @St. John's, Maui Invitational 4 games that count as 1 that leaves 7 openings.
You can count on one of them being Colgate that leaves 6 openings. I doubt JB will schedule another old Big East team next year with the youth we will have on this team and unless C.J. Fair returns we can bank on the other 6 games being tomato cans at the Dome UNLESS JB wants to play a team on the West Coast(USC?) on the way to Hawaii early in the season next year.
I think we need to re-visit your math. There are 31 regular season games.

So--18 ACC, 3 in Maui, @St John's, ACC/B1G. There are 8 slots left. They could all be Dome "cupcakes". Or there may be one on the way to Hawaii.

I think we need to re-visit your math. There are 31 regular season games.

So--18 ACC, 3 in Maui, @St John's, ACC/B1G. There are 8 slots left. They could all be Dome "cupcakes". Or there may be one on the way to Hawaii.
Maui is 4 games not 3 games. 18 + 4 + 2= 24 that leaves 7 openings. I said one of them would be Colgate what math is wrong?
http://espn.go.com/ncb/topics/_/page/maui-invitational
In 2011, the field was expanded to include 11 mainland games featuring the seven teams headed to Hawaii and four teams playing a regional tournament in Murfreesboro, Tenn.

Maui is 4 games not 3 games. 18 + 4 + 2= 24 that leaves 7 openings. I said one of them would be Colgate what math is wrong?
http://espn.go.com/ncb/topics/_/page/maui-invitational
In 2011, the field was expanded to include 11 mainland games featuring the seven teams headed to Hawaii and four teams playing a regional tournament in Murfreesboro, Tenn.
The mainland game would be one of the early-season Dome cupcakes. There will be 3 games in Hawaii.
But yes, your numbers add up as well as mine.

Sadly, I agree. Our schedule is going to be so tough already plus learning the styles of so many new teams. Hopefully in a few years. Maybe a three year rotation of G-Town , St. John's, and Nova. those are the ones I will miss the most. Also good to have visibility in NYC, Philly and DC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom