2013-2014 UEFA Champions League Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2013-2014 UEFA Champions League Thread

Atleti-Chelsea today was the worst CL game I've seen all year. I'm sure 1960's Englishmen would have loved. There must have been 100 crosses into the box headed away with ease by the Blues.

Tomorrow, I think Bayern show their quality of Real once again.

Would you rather your team win the Champions League or Domestic title?

Cech out for the year with a separated shoulder, as well. Terry confirmed out for the weekend.

I saw he went off injured but had no idea it was that serious. Thought it was a protective measure initially

He was charged with solicitation. Not defending him for being an idiot, but child rapist is an extreme label.

Agreed. I'm not a Ribery fan but what he did isn't even R Kelly level much less in the Sandusky zone.

Atleti-Chelsea today was the worst CL game I've seen all year. I'm sure 1960's Englishmen would have loved. There must have been 100 crosses into the box headed away with ease by the Blues.

Tomorrow, I think Bayern show their quality of Real once again.

Return legs are always better in that teams know exactly what they must do. The idea in the first leg is to not dig yourself a hole of which you can't escape.

Would you rather your team win the Champions League or Domestic title?

Depends on when you've last won either perhaps. As a Liverpool fan the league is more important to me with the club being 25 years removed vs 9 years for CL. For a City fan I would presume the opposite being theyve won the league recently but never even made a CL final.

He's a terrible human being. His 9/11 incident is unfathomable. I don't know how any American can root for Chelsea as he's their captain.
Syracuse has had a few players who were, shall we say poor role models, but my support for the Orange has never wavered.

I like to think that Frank Lampard's character makes up for that lacked by John Terry, who is absolutely a complete scumbag.

No doubt Bayern takes the tie at home next week. Although I give a lot of credit to Ancelotti they had a very solid game plan and executed well. Hope Pep moves Lahm back to RB and starts Martinez in MF. Would like to see Gotze in for Kroos as well. Need goal scorers.

I will echo my famous words: Ribery is not good :)
He hasn't been at his best over the last month or so. I think he's got some sort of an injury that he's masking as he doesn't have the same type of burst he usually does. Regardless, his play opens things up tremendously for guys to overlap and is a main reason David Alaba (my favorite Bayern player not named Schweinsteiger) has so much space to operate in.

He hasn't been at his best over the last month or so. I think he's got some sort of an injury that he's masking as he doesn't have the same type of burst he usually does. Regardless, his play opens things up tremendously for guys to overlap and is a main reason David Alaba (my favorite Bayern player not named Schweinsteiger) has so much space to operate in.
I used to watch more when Tymoshchuk was on the team and one player who always stood out was Lahm. Such an amazing player!

Bye Bye Bayern. Down 3-0 @ half with Real already holding a 1 goal aggregate lead. Would need 5 goals now in the next 45 minutes.

Bye Bye Bayern. Down 3-0 @ half with Real already holding a 1 goal aggregate lead. Would need 5 goals now in the next 45 minutes.
Unreal performance from Madrid, but good lord Pep is it that hard to make adjustments? Decent chance he doesn't survive this embarrassing tie, especially if Bayern loses to Dortmund in the German Cup Final.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom