2014 Syracuse Football Record | Syracusefan.com

2014 Syracuse Football Record

2014 Syracuse Football Record (Pre-Bowl)

• Total voters

UnknownOrange

2023 Cali Award Winner Points Scored
I wanted to take a little break from calling former STH and have some fun with the board. I know it's discussed here and there but I am curious what you diehards think.

What do you all think Syracuse Football's record will be come November 30th?

Obviously we have some difficult games on the schedule for 2014 but I see no way we don't improve upon 2013. Have some fun and take the poll!

8/29 - Villanova Wildcats
9/13 - @ Central Michigan Chippewas
9/20 - Maryland Terrapins
9/27 - Notre Dame Fighting Irish (MetLife)
10/3 - Louisville Cardinals
10/11 - Florida State Seminoles
10/18 - @ Wake Forest Demon Deacons
10/25 - @ Clemson Tigers
11/1 - NC State Wolfpack
11/8 - Duke Blue Devils
11/22 - Pittsburgh Panthers
11/29 - Boston College Eagles

Whatcha got?!

9-3 is gettable if we don't have one of our bs hiccup losses to say any of NC St., BC or Pitt.

I'm going with 8-4. We will lose to Florida State and Clemson. Hopefully it will be closer than last year. I honestly don't know who the other two losses will be to. Just hope one of them isn't to the Domers. I got my tickets for that game yesterday and if I have to go to the swamps of NJ I want a win.

If we roll into 4-0, with a big win against Notre Dame at MetLife, anything becomes attainable... Nothing improves a team more than confidence.

If the bottom absolutely falls out and we're 2-2 after the first 4, we'll be in another dogfight for 6-6.

If we lose to Pittsburgh again my heads going to explode. I'm worried about my health when it comes to losing to BC in basketball and Pitt in football.

7-5, I need to get over that hump of seeing us lose one or two a year we shouldn't, cause our offense is flat. Love to be proven wrong.

7-5, I need to get over that hump of seeing us lose one or two a year we shouldn't, cause our offense is flat. Love to be proven wrong.

I could see that argument for last years team. But this year, with PTG returning alongside the three headed monster part deux, as well as a veteran line and WR corp... I don't see how McDonald and Hunt will allow our offense to be flat.

If anything I'm worried about our pass rush.

I waffle between 7 and 8 regular season wins. I picked 8+ in the poll after reading DCCuse's post.

I think having more experience than most teams this year will be a benefit early. I see 3-1 or 4-0 start. After that we'll probably lose to FSU and Clemson. Duke, Pitt, Louisville and Notre Dame are all possible losses but I don't see going 0-4 versus them but probably 2-2.

8/29 - Villanova Wildcats - Beat them like a drum
9/13 - @ Central Michigan Chippewas - Not even close
9/20 - Maryland Terrapins - Kicked their ass on the road last year and they're no better
9/27 - Notre Dame Fighting Irish (MetLife) - To hell with Notre Dame
10/3 - Louisville Cardinals - Kicked their ass even when they had Bridgewater
10/11 - Florida State Seminoles - We've got them at home. W.
10/18 - @ Wake Forest Demon Deacons - Brutal.
10/25 - @ Clemson Tigers - Remember 38-0?
11/1 - NC State Wolfpack - Same as Maryland
11/8 - Duke Blue Devils - Back to the hole they crawled out of
11/22 - Pittsburgh Panthers - Maybe our kicker can be competent, eh?
11/29 - Boston College Eagles - BC sucks.

ACC Championship - Miami - Hunt's going to go all 1998 McNabb on them
Sugar Bowl - Auburn - Pay Dye ain't walking through that door
National Championship - Oklahoma - Last game representing the Big 12 before off to the B1G

15-0

Last edited:
8/29 - Villanova Wildcats - Beat them like a drum
9/13 - @ Central Michigan Chippewas - Not even close
9/20 - Maryland Terrapins - Kicked their ass on the road last year and they're no better
9/27 - Notre Dame Fighting Irish (MetLife) - To hell with Notre Dame
10/3 - Louisville Cardinals - Kicked their ass even when they had Bridgewater
10/11 - Florida State Seminoles - We've got them at home. W.
10/18 - @ Wake Forest Demon Deacons - Brutal.
10/25 - @ Clemson Tigers - Remember 38-0?
11/1 - NC State Wolfpack - Same as Maryland
11/8 - Duke Blue Devils - Back to the hole they crawled out of
11/22 - Pittsburgh Panthers - Maybe our kicker can be competent, eh?
11/29 - Boston College Eagles - BC sucks.

ACC Championship - Miami - Hunt's going to go all 1998 McNabb on them
Sugar Bowl - Auburn - Pay Dye ain't walking through that door
National Championship - Oklahoma - Last game representing the Big 12 before off to the B1G

15-0
I like where your heads at

Would love to beat ND. That would make the whole season for me.
BUT... put down losses to Fla St and Clemson.
And split the ND, Louisville, Duke, Pitt. (I have putting Pitt in the 50/50 group, I really wish I could put then in the definitely a W column.)
And then throw in a crapper loss. One that will have us scratching our heads, one that happens every single year.
That's 5 losses. 7-5.

I picked 8. I just don't see the tough schedule others do. Obviously FSU and Clemson are in a different class even with the losses Clemson had. But the next group of ND, UofL, BC, Pitt and Duke are really not that scary. they're good teams, not great. 3-2 should be possible against them. Though I also fear the "flat offense." I'm just not really a fan of Hunt's skill set and think his ceiling may be fairly low ( I remember all of last season, not just the BC and Minny games. He went 6 games in a row without a TD pass, that's concerning). Hope he proves me wrong. The other 5 should be wins. Can't lose to mediocre teams.

Theres no anticlimactic games this year after Notre Dame.

Every conference game is a must win...except definite loss vs FSU.

8-4

SU 52 Nova 10
SU 34 CMU 14
SU 24 Maryland 16
ND 27 SU 24
SU 31 L'ville 21
FSU 42 SU 21
SU 27 WF 13
Clemson 31 SU 14
SU 35 NCST 17
SU 28 Duke 17
Pitt 24 SU 21
SU 37 BC 17

Pinstripe Bowl

SU 27 Michigan 24

For the first time in a very long time there is only one game on our schedule where we have only a very small chance of winning. Literally every other team on our schedule is beatable this year. Admittedly, Clemson on the road is a reach but they are not likely to b the juggernaut they were last year.

The smart bet is probably 8-4 but I am going to go with 9-3.

Watch out 2015!

In 23 years I have never correctly predicted the number of games we will win in football. I am saying eight for this year so clearly we'll not be getting that ... Hoping for nine!

In 23 years I have never correctly predicted the number of games we will win in football. I am saying eight for this year so clearly we'll not be getting that ... Hoping for nine!

Why wouldn't you say 6 or 7 :mad: I'd love 8

Stupid iPad. I hit the less then 5 wins by accident. 7-5 is my real response. Please feel free to delete my vote someone.

To be honest I see every game as winnable and having FSU at the Dome makes that one a possibility. At Clemson will be interesting and how the kids react to that environment.

We could win or lose every game on the schedule including Vill who will be tough. I think we end up with 8 solid wins this year but it could be 9 or 6 pretty easily