2015 Football Schedule Openings | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2015 Football Schedule Openings

A new girl started working in my office this week. This morning she put up a "Proud to Support Penn State Football" placard in her cubicle. I really want to rip it down, in front of her.
Just put up a picture of Paterno and Sandusky on the sidelines together.

Army, Navy and Rice. If we played Army or navy at MetLife it would be cool.

Army, Navy and Rice. If we played Army or navy at MetLife it would be cool.

I just worry that Cuse-Navy/Cuse-Army would be lucky to draw 30k

I have a feeling we will be seeing tOSU, and Michigan next up at MetLife.

I just worry that Cuse-Navy/Cuse-Army would be lucky to draw 30k

I have a feeling we will be seeing tOSU, and Michigan next up at MetLife.

Yeah, I am afraid you are right but if we are going to play at MetLife (which is great for me) it might make folks feel better if they were not big name games they would like in the dome. I realize that that the only way we will ever get to book the other folks is at MetLife.

I'll disagree. West Point and Annapolis are great road venues. No sense giving them up for an antiseptic pro stadium.
Annapolis yes. but I was never a big fan of the West Point area. Still, once you get on the grounds it is a trip.

Syracuse v army at Yankee Stadium = good.

Syracuse v army at Giants Stadium = bad.

Again...Schedule wins, it should be a 1AA at the Dome and army at 1 of the 2 non-Dome NYS spots.

With 4 OOC games.

1 should be a Big Name game
1 should be a lower P5, AAC game, or Random decent G5
1 should be Army/Navy/USAFA or a middling G5 in a good recruiting area for players or students
1 should be a FCS school (lean to schools within 5 hours with a heavy dose of Colgate)

We should build the schedule with a 75% of going 3-1, 15% chance of going 4-0, 10% chance of going 2-2

MAC schools I like to see us schedule: Buffalo, UMass, Akron, Kent, Toledo, Bowling Green, all the Directional Michigans and NIU (as long as Shafer is here). We should get a 2 for 1.

Last edited:
Beginning Tuesday (July 29th), NIU will announce one future home-and-home football series every day this week. In addition, future series will be announced as they are finalized in August. The announcements are the result of nearly a year of work by Associate Vice-President and Director of Athletics Sean T. Frazier and his staff, and may include games between 2015 and 2023.

http://www.niuhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072814aaa.html

Beginning Tuesday (July 29th), NIU will announce one future home-and-home football series every day this week. In addition, future series will be announced as they are finalized in August. The announcements are the result of nearly a year of work by Associate Vice-President and Director of Athletics Sean T. Frazier and his staff, and may include games between 2015 and 2023.

http://www.niuhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/072814aaa.html
Is it likely we are in this group. I suggested a Northern Illinois Soldier Field/Metlife/Carrier Dome/NIU home field deal last year since we like recruiting Chicago.

Is it likely we are in this group. I suggested a Northern Illinois Soldier Field/Metlife/Carrier Dome/NIU home field deal last year since we like recruiting Chicago.
Al, you're doing it again.

Never a TRILLION YEARS, will Syracuse play niu at Giants Stadium or even Soldier Field.

Al, you're doing it again.

Never a TRILLION YEARS, will Syracuse play niu at Giants Stadium or even Soldier Field.
I agree...We should ask and demand a 2 for 1 but, I have a feeling this will be a 1 for 1...(for our IL recruits).

ask for a 2 for 1 settle for a 1 for 1 with us being able to selct dates/years of games

Throw in Georgia State for a 2-for-1.
YES - the ACC schedule doesn't have Syracuse returning to GT for 30 or 40 years and this last visit is not how I want to remember Syracuse football in Atlanta Oh Lord

NIU Huskie Athletics@NIUAthletics · 2h
1st hint: This school has had two different athletes win Olympic Gold Medals in the Long Jump.
#SchedulePalooza

?

SU vs Army @ Michie = excellent
Syracuse v army at Yankee Stadium = good.

Syracuse v army at Giants Stadium = bad.

Again...Schedule wins, it should be a 1AA at the Dome and army at 1 of the 2 non-Dome NYS spots.
Syracuse vs. Army at Michie = excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom