2015 Football Schedule Openings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2015 Football Schedule Openings

Even with a 9 game BiG schedule, PSU will still need OOC games in 2020 and 2021. Right now they have only LSU in 2020 at a neutral site, and nothing on the books for 2021.
Penn State did us a favor with the 1-1-1 a lot of people were shocked by it Ivan Maisel in his ESPN blog was shocked and gave Penn State credit for it.
With 7 home games, 1 home game at Rutgers or Maryland they won't need to play us. They could if hey want but with home game money the rage for big schools I doubt they keep our series on the books.

Penn State did us a favor with the 1-1-1 a lot of people were shocked by it Ivan Maisel in his ESPN blog was shocked and gave Penn State credit for it.
With 7 home games, 1 home game at Rutgers or Maryland they won't need to play us. They could if hey want but with home game money the rage for big schools I doubt they keep our series on the books.

Who did who a favor? That might as well have been a 3-0-0 for PSU. I really think they outnumbered us in the Dome that day and certainly at Met Life.

My road choices would be:
1.) Army - Very winnable game (don't need any more tough match ups with LSU, FSU, Clemson and the rest of the ACC on the schedule), recruiting in state and the uptick in NJ gives us another close game for parents and recruits to see.
2.) Temple - Again, close game for NJ recruits and hopeful any PA players were interested in.
3.) Charlotte - Easy win (see #1), easy to get to, gets us a drivable game for some of the Georgia players and other southern recruits, staff seems to be more focused on this part of the country then in years past.
Simply put I want a guaranteed win and some recruiting help out of this game.

Temple, Vandy and Memphis have no openings for 2015.
Some of the non-BCS teams have openings but they already play two BCS teams. Tulane has 2 openings but they already play Georgia Tech and Duke.

Temple would be another team I would consider a series with. We recruit PA/NJ they are a team we should beat most years. I would give them a home/home before UCF.
Our ideal non-conference schedule should be like this year if ND was at home.
3 of 4 games at home
1 challenge game LSU/Penn State/Notre Dame/USC type
1 peer school Northwestern/Vandy/Maryland/Purdue/West Virgina
1 2 for 1 MAC/Sun Belt/ or 1/1 Temple type
1 1-AA school

Never play UConn unless they will take a 1 game series at the Dome or MetLife. We should never play another FB game in the state of CT.

I couldn't agree with this more. But I would rather play a MAC/ Sun Belt, etc. school from a recruiting area then a peer school where we don't recruit well.

We need to play a crappy Florida team and a crappy upper Midwest team in thr future to hit recruiting areas. We aren't doing ourselves any favors by scheduling insanely like we did in 2012. Take out two of the three between USC, Minn and NW that year and we go 9-3. Sounds a lot better than 7-5. No one gives a damn that we played tough teams. Give me one solid OOC per year and three stiffs. Preferably stiffs in our areas of recruiting

Bowling green and tulane or a tennessee team

Ive defriended everyone i know that goes to psu on fb. Their incessant blind support of joepa and the program disgusts me.
"But he was such a good coach"

Yeah, his last Internet search was how to delete a hard drive.

im indifferent on playing penn state . for 2015 a mac school and someone we never play in football would be nice. I figure in a few years if the program gets where I think its going we will be in one of those kickoff games or at least the labor day night acc opener

A new girl started working in my office this week. This morning she put up a "Proud to Support Penn State Football" placard in her cubicle. I really want to rip it down, in front of her.

Take a Sharpie and change "Penn" to "Ped". Done.

I wouldn't mind another trip to the Big Easy to play Tulane.

Living near Houston, NOLA, ... er ... I mean Tulane is naturally high on my list, as are Texas State and North Texas, easy to get to. SMU is a trap game, if they win we get nailed for losing to the AAC, if we win, so what, same with TCU and Baylor (Baylor probably won't be ruling the Big 12 next year, or this year, my opinion only). We need to play a should win game to balance the schedule.

I am good with Army, Charlotte, FIU, Vandy, Memphis and any others we should win.

A new girl started working in my office this week. This morning she put up a "Proud to Support Penn State Football" placard in her cubicle. I really want to rip it down, in front of her.
Print and tape this photo next to it...
upload_2014-7-25_14-8-32.jpeg

My favorites for each region in descending order...

FIU
FAU
USF
UCF

Indiana
Illinois
Ball State
Northern Illinois
Northwestern

Georgia State*
Old Dominion*
Charlotte*
Maryland

Rutgers
Penn State
Army
Navy
Temple
UMass*
UB*

*=require a 2 for 1 deal

To me, we need more games in the Miami area than anywhere else, as it has emerged as our most important recruiting territory. Especially given the current situation with scheduling frequency of games with conference foe Miami.

I values more games in the Atlanta and Chicago area for the same reason. Again, our scheduling frequency of games with conference foe Georgia Tech makes a bad situation worse for us.

I also value games played relatively close to Syracuse because I go to a lot of away games and it is nice to be able to drive a couple of hours and attend an away game. We need more of that.

Here's a chance to schedule some wins.

Could easily get 7 home in there, I believe that's another cny crying point, but lets face it, even mizzou who owes us likely wouldn't put more than 40k in the Dome. They also wouldn't be a scheduled win.

So might as well keep it at 6.

That said, go to Army if they'll have the Orange. As somebody else said, that's one for the NYCers, hudson valleyites and western mass & ct folk. Then schedule whomever for the Dome and don't go back until a few years out and only if need be.

They play enough in Fla, NC etc, don't need to go there again 'for recruiting'. Please, they're already there.

Lastly, id offer ped st another Giants Stadium game. But I'd rather schedule some wins for the new QB and safety.

Games in miami, central georgia, ohio, illinois and even tennessee would help us greatly in recruiting areas we have been hot in outside the midatlantic

Personally I would stay away from Army or AirForce if for no other reason then the disaster that was our performance against the option last year, it was a disaster.
Along with the location reasons discussed above, that is why I think we would want to schedule Army, especially earlier in the season that we'll play Georgia Tech next (or the year before). It may be moot if Johnson is fired/leaves GT before then though. But if we might play any option teams future, Army is the best tuneup we could hope for to work out our obvious bugs in defending it. Are there any 1-AA option teams?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom