2015 Season - Must Be 3-0 Heading into LSU | Syracusefan.com

2015 Season - Must Be 3-0 Heading into LSU

Bowl game or bust. The schedule sets up nicely. With a new AD coming in I think Shafer needs a positive push. Making a bowl and some strong early commits will save his job otherwise he may be on the way out.

I think they need to be more than just wins. We need to look like a competent football team in all three phases of the game. If we're grinding out wins we're still playing a loser's game. If on the other hand the defense is reasonably stout, the offense is efficient, moves the ball and punches in a good number of TDs and special teams makes positive plays and doesn't do anything negative, we'll be on to something good. Less than that and I think we've seen enough in the past to reasonably guess how the rest of the season will turn out.

I do think they can achieve that though.

Rhode Island, Wake Forest, Central Michigan. All at home.

If the season does not start 3-0, I will hop on the Fire Shafer bandwagon immediately.

No excuses for this team not to be 3-0 heading into the LSU game. None.

If it doesn't happen this year, it will be a full quarter century since our last 3-0 start (1991).

I think they need to be more than just wins. We need to look like a competent football team in all three phases of the game. If we're grinding out wins we're still playing a loser's game. If on the other hand the defense is reasonably stout, the offense is efficient, moves the ball and punches in a good number of TDs and special teams makes positive plays and doesn't do anything negative, we'll be on to something good. Less than that and I think we've seen enough in the past to reasonably guess how the rest of the season will turn out.

I also agree with this. I just want us to look like a competent football team. We have looked anything but for a long time. Last year was horrendous with boneheaded coaching errors, mistakes, bad judgement, etc. Need to be efficient and stout. Secondary will be young, so I am not even speaking of the possible big plays we might give up with a blown coverage, that stuff happens. Horrible paly calls, like the pitch to Adonis Ameen Moore from our endzone, speak to bad coaching.

If it doesn't happen this year, it will be a full quarter century since our last 3-0 start (1991).

I want to like this to acknowledge that statistic...but no way jose!

If we're 2-2 after the first 4 games, it's going to be a pretty significant challenge to make a bowl game.

If we're 2-3 after the first 5 games, there'd be no choice but to start the search in the background.

That said, I think we'll be 4-1 after 5 games (was that out loud?).

If the season does not start 3-0, I will hop on the Fire Shafer bandwagon immediately.

Oh, you know as well as I do that there will be PLENTY of excuses if we're not 3-0 heading into the LSU game.

:)

3-0 will be a monumental achievement for SU regardless of the opponents. I have said ad nauseum that a win vs LSU at the dome could be a tide turner in so many ways. The realist in me sees a 28-3 loss but it could really catapult us back into the nation's mind again if we pull the major upset.

I'm just shocked LSU would play us up there. Kudos to them really. Ballsy decision by the Mad Hatter. I see no upside for them at all.

I just want to look like a smart, well coached football team. If we play to our ability and lose a game there's not much to say. The Junior High level mistakes made coaching wise and player wise last year need to go away and we will win more than we lose.

I tend to agree. If we are 2-1 with a close loss to Wake, which appears to be the result of breaking in too many new players and offensive scheme, then I will reserve judgment... but they have to have it together by the end of the season. If we aren't bowling this year then "outlook not so good".

if we resemble last year early this season- we could be 0-3 heading into lsu

hcss either wins or goes- we cant wait 4-5 years keeping the second coming of the great guru

I hear what you're saying, but it may take a game or two for our new offense to get in sync. It's nice for a change that our schedule is set-up for this.

No. We need to be 3-0 or 2-1 with a close loss to Wake. Anything else is unacceptable. I am getting impatient. Some of the calls GMD made were atrocious. If they can't get in sync against Rhode Island and CMU then we are doomed. It is going to be a promising season with a bowl appearance and victory. Don't argue with me.

images

3-0 period. Lesters O gives us a chance to keep it close with LSU if we can run the ball. I look for Hunt to make the biggest improvement of any player to wear orange in a very long time. The fact that Lester has AC starting tells me he gets it. It was beyond me that he didnt see the field last year. The guys have to make a bowl, play solid ball, and continue the upward recruiting trend to keep their jobs.

A close loss to Wake is acceptable? What?! There is no way we lose to them and people walk away saying "oh, but we looked like a good team and were well coached".

Enough of this "just look like a good team" nonsense.

Win games.

Period.

3-0 is the expectation. Less than that is a failure. Again.

A close loss to Wake is acceptable? What?! There is no way we lose to them and people walk away saying "oh, but we looked like a good team and were well coached".

Enough of this "just look like a good team" nonsense.

Win games.

Period.

3-0 is the expectation. Less than that is a failure. Again.

Hell yeah! And if Clawson is the coach who was trashing us to commits before signing day we need to shove that up his a**

I'm just shocked LSU would play us up there. Kudos to them really. Ballsy decision by the Mad Hatter. I see no upside for them at all.
The SEC dictates that they play at least one of P5/BYU/Army every year.

3-0 will be a monumental achievement for SU regardless of the opponents. I have said ad nauseum that a win vs LSU at the dome could be a tide turner in so many ways. The realist in me sees a 28-3 loss but it could really catapult us back into the nation's mind again if we pull the major upset.

How ballsy is it to roll into an overmatched opposing teams home stadium and roll them?