2015 Season - Must Be 3-0 Heading into LSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2015 Season - Must Be 3-0 Heading into LSU

One game at a time fellas. Trust me. I know every statistic and stare the damn schedule in the face every single day and talk about it daily. But it truly is the oldest cliche in football, one game at a time. Come out guns blazing against Rhode Island and it's back to work Monday morning for Wake.

I'm so excited for this season. Here's to hoping it's a positive one!

We need to start 3-0. We cant a afford to lose a 50/50 game at home against a team we beat the last 3 times. A lost to Wake will be disapointing. It wouldnt be the end of the season but it will leave little hope.

How ballsy is it to roll into an overmatched opposing teams home stadium and roll them?
Thank the new playoff format with its selection committee and the P5 conferences mandating at least one OOC game against a P5 opponent. No more Little Sisters of the Poor. It just might force Florida to play outside the state.

One game at a time fellas. Trust me. I know every statistic and stare the damn schedule in the face every single day and talk about it daily. But it truly is the oldest cliche in football, one game at a time. Come out guns blazing against Rhode Island and it's back to work Monday morning for Wake.

I'm so excited for this season. Here's to hoping it's a positive one!

Yeah, that's exactly how the team should be thinking.

Fans aren't the team, though. I'm not playing, I don't need to take it one game at a time. ;)

If we're not 3-0 it's another calamity.

Game 1 will be a very strong indicator for the rest of the season. I understand teams get better, but if we barely escape like last year vs Nova, I have low confidence for 6 wins.

3-0 is a must. No garbage 2OT games against FCS opponents either. I know I defended Villanova to death last year after that game. As I watched the season progress, I realized just how much that game foreshadowed what was to come. Maybe I was lying to myself, maybe I'm an idiot, probably a little bit of both. Regardless I promise never to defend a garbage game against a lower division team EVER again.

3-0 is a must. No garbage 2OT games against FCS opponents either. I know I defended Villanova to death last year after that game. As I watched the season progress, I realized just how much that game foreshadowed what was to come. Maybe I was lying to myself, maybe I'm an idiot, probably a little bit of both. Regardless I promise never to defend a garbage game against a lower division team EVER again.
Absolutely, the orange-colored glasses people failed to recognize that the OL couldn't block Villanova and if they couldn't block Villanova they wouldn't be able to block anyone.

Barring some serious injuries that hurt our depth really bad (i.e. offensive line last year), and counting on some offensive improvement, there's no reason why this team can't be 5-1 through it's first 6. The only team out of these 6 that was head and shoulders better than we were last year was LSU. The rest all had losing records except for CMU who we beat by 37 last year. And LSU is the only team in the group that had a top 25 recruiting class.

URI - should be a gimme at home
WF - was 3-9 last year, we play them at home
CMU - we beat them by 37 last year on the road, we play them at home
LSU - 8-5 LSU team last year, odds are against us but it's not Alabama, we are at home though which is an advantage
USF - 4-8 last year
UVA - 5-7 Last year

It just might force Florida to play outside the state.
They play a neutral site game at Jerry World against Michigan in a couple of years. Maybe I'll run into SU2NASA there.

Thank the new playoff format with its selection committee and the P5 conferences mandating at least one OOC game against a P5 opponent. No more Little Sisters of the Poor. It just might force Florida to play outside the state.

Since Florida already plays a P5 in FSU every year aren't the Gators already meeting that requirement?

Since Florida already plays a P5 in FSU every year aren't the Gators already meeting that requirement?
They do, they just haven't played an out of conference game outside the state of Florida in ages... possibly since their loss in the Dome. The only non-conference road games have been at Miami and FSU.