2016-17 Coaching Carousel | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

2016-17 Coaching Carousel

He is set to make $9 mil at Michigan this year and Belichik makes $7.5 mil at New England. He is already the highest paid coach without having to be in the NFL.

That move would make no sense to me unless LA is going to pay him more than he makes now, which would make him the highest paid coach in the NFL as well.

He is set to make $9 mil at Michigan this year and Belichik makes $7.5 mil at New England. He is already the highest paid coach without having to be in the NFL.

That move would make no sense to me unless LA is going to pay him more than he makes now, which would make him the highest paid coach in the NFL as well.

Harbaugh is going to be fine $$ wise wherever he goes, do you honestly think an extra mil here or there will sway him from Michigan or the NFL, Indy might be better tax wise as well than California, don't know. I don't think Harbaugh leaves quite yet, but I think in a couple years he will be back in the NFL. I think he wants to win national championship and then move on, or come damn close and he is trending that way.

Goes without saying but with Harbaugh, Meyer and Saban, you wont come close to replacing them. As good as Dabo is he is obviously no Saban, to win like Saban does in the SEC is just crazy.

I think the odds of Saban leaving for the Rams are better than Harbaugh

About that $9m...

It's really "only" $5m in salary and bonuses. Did he get a bonus for missing the playoff and not winning the B1G title nor his division title? Probably not, so he may only be making $4.5m this season. The other $4m is part of an insurance policy. There are situations in which that money is returned to UM... an early departure is likely one of those.

Harbaugh is going to be fine $$ wise wherever he goes, do you honestly think an extra mil here or there will sway him from Michigan or the NFL, Indy might be better tax wise as well than California, don't know. I don't think Harbaugh leaves quite yet, but I think in a couple years he will be back in the NFL. I think he wants to win national championship and then move on, or come damn close and he is trending that way.

Goes without saying but with Harbaugh, Meyer and Saban, you wont come close to replacing them. As good as Dabo is he is obviously no Saban, to win like Saban does in the SEC is just crazy.

I think the odds of Saban leaving for the Rams are better than Harbaugh

Saban did not do well in the NFL, Harbaugh went to the Super Bowl. I know which one I would choose.

Wouldn't be about the money. It would be to RUN and have TOTAL POWER of an NFL team which is rarely offered. When it is that is difficult to pass up

A little surprised he bailed on Pitt when they picked him up after he was fired from NC State, not that I'm complaining

But a pleasure to watch. I'm always amused.

He called his enemies the jive turkeys!

And as we children of the 80s know, it ain't cool being no jive turkey, so close to (or after) Thanksgiving.

A little surprised he bailed on Pitt when they picked him up after he was fired from NC State, not that I'm complaining
Could be as simple as $EC > A¢¢

Could be as simple as $EC > A¢¢

I think it's as simple as L$U > $hPitt

LSU just made their DC the highest paid coordinator in history. With a defensive minded head coach. And a team desperate for offense. So I'd guess he's getting a pretty good number of nickels to go to the Bayou.

Canada looked good with great parts and he didn't change the system. Solid qb, elite running back, above average line play.

Canada looked good with great parts and he didn't change the system. Solid qb, elite running back, above average line play.
LSU has all of that in place--minus the QB, of course. ;)

Pitt has to be the worldwide leader in coaching turnover, at all levels, since Wanny's departure.

Amazing that it hasn't caught up to them yet. They haven't missed a bowl since 2007 (and even that was 5-7). Granted, there's a bunch of 6-6's and wintering in Birmingham in those years, but still.

We've had so many seasons of 4 or less wins in recently history, you forget about them all. They haven't won less than 5 games since 1998. I'm depressing myself now.

Last edited:
Pitt has to be the worldwide leader in coaching turnover, at all levels, since Wanny's departure.

Amazing that it hasn't caught up to them yet. They haven't missed a bowl since 2007 (and even that was 5-7). Granted, there's a bunch of 6-6's and wintering in Birmingham in those years, but still.

We've had so many seasons of 4 or less wins in recently history, you forget about them all. They haven't won less than 5 games since 1998. I'm depressing myself now.

This one might hurt, coupled with the personnel losses ... maybe ?

This one might hurt, coupled with the personnel losses ... maybe ?

One would hope.

And when Saban goes to the Rams, Dabo to the Tide, and Clemson losing all that front line offensive talent, I'm hoping they won't reload quickly.

That's our 2 hardest home games next year. The other 5 we have to win.

7 wins, we all smile.

Maybe the NC St firing taught him there is no loyalty in the profession. Bet he doubled his salary too.

Agree this hurts Pitt and therefore helps us. Should be interesting to see what he can do with the athletes LSU has...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom