2017 Schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2017 Schedule

Who the heck gets bored watching Syracuse play football?

Good point. I love watching our boys play football. But, again, if we scheduled like rutgirls the last 10 years, myself and a few people I know would have given up our premium season tix. It was seeing the Iowas, Washingtons, lsus, northwesterns, and such that kept some juice in our schedule. Give me a break with LSU in 2017. Thats a great game and national exposure. Any real fan should try and be there and enjoy it, instead of wishing it was cornell in tbe dome that week. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwmnnnnn...

Who the heck gets bored watching Syracuse play football?

That's what I've always felt. And after winning 41 percent of our games since 2000, I'm sure as heck not going to get bored watching us win a few easier ones while we try to build the program.

Good point. I love watching our boys play football. But, again, if we scheduled like rutgirls the last 10 years, myself and a few people I know would have given up our premium season tix. It was seeing the Iowas, Washingtons, lsus, northwesterns, and such that kept some juice in our schedule. Give me a break with LSU in 2017. Thats a great game and national exposure. Any real fan should try and be there and enjoy it, instead of wishing it was cornell in tbe dome that week. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwmnnnnn...

When we're 5-0 or 5-1 with fsu coming to town and 20k extra people are in the stands because of it I don't think we'll miss you and a few people you know.

..and every team you listed we lost to. Yeah the juice was Great. Whoopeeedo.

Last edited:
When we're 5-0 or 5-1 with fsu coming to town and 20k extra people are in the stands because of it I don't think we'll miss you and a few people you know.

..and every team you listed we lost to. Yeah the juice was Great. Whoopeeedo.

Wow, you are hot stuff. See, i am a college football fan, not just an SU fan. Thats the difference. I bet you live in cuse? When you live 2 hrs away you look at the product a bit differently. Yup, i know that those name teams kept people engaged back then and if those power teams were replaced with garbage, well then, certain season ticket holders would be long gone.

So, you would rather see a bunch of stiffs in the dome for the season tickets you pay handsomely for? But, in the end go to a bowl game?
I think you need to look at it as a means to an end. Would we prefer to be playing marquee teams every week? Yes. But we need to swallow our pride as a program, admit how awful we have been for 15 + years, and schedule our way to 6 wins if possible. Going to bowl games can build buzz, and help recruiting. Start winning 6+ games a year, and attendance will pick up, depth and talent will improve, and now we can schedule teams like LSU, or N.D., and have a realistic shot at winning.

Wow, you are hot stuff. See, i am a college football fan, not just an SU fan. Thats the difference. I bet you live in cuse? When you live 2 hrs away you look at the product a bit differently. Yup, i know that those name teams kept people engaged back then and if those power teams were replaced with garbage, well then, certain season ticket holders would be long gone.

He doesn't. If you're a college football fan you would realize how good our side of the ACC is plus Pitt plus the crossover game. If you give up your tix because Clemson isn't good enough for you so be it.

Not the s e xiest home schedule on record. That September slate better end 3-0,
I think the CCS game was scheduled as an inexpensive throw-away game for Labor Day weekend when many students won't be there and the state fair is underway.

I think the CCS game was scheduled as an inexpensive throw-away game for Labor Day weekend when many students won't be there and the state fair is underway.
It's been discussed here for over 10 years.
Then there was the year that the first game, against Wake Forest, was even moved to Thursday night. Made for a great trip back to CNY, not sure it did much for attendance nor the brand as the game was not on a linear TV channel.

I see your POV, however, scheduling isnt just about the easiest path to 6 wins. Engaging a fan base is also essential. With all the years of losing, is the casual fan more likely to attend an LSU, MINNY, or Northwestern game or a Colgate, wagner, or CCSU game?

Losing seasons lose casual fans. And then bringing in huge names that we have a 10% at winning just cements their opinion that we suck.

At this point attendance is at rock bottom. I'd just schedule how Babers wants (hopefully a slightly easier game #4 of the OOC).

Good. Fans who want to see FSU and Clemson in the dome get to grab their seasons. They get the reward of watching the team build the right way by sticking with a coach long term, scheduling bowl seasons, and seeing recruiting get better.

Buy single game tickets to just FSU or Clemson if big name games are your thing.

I think you need to look at it as a means to an end. Would we prefer to be playing marquee teams every week? Yes. But we need to swallow our pride as a program, admit how awful we have been for 15 + years, and schedule our way to 6 wins if possible. Going to bowl games can build buzz, and help recruiting. Start winning 6+ games a year, and attendance will pick up, depth and talent will improve, and now we can schedule teams like LSU, or N.D., and have a realistic shot at winning.

This x1000.

So you would rather be bored to death all of September? See high school teams in the dome for your premium seat prices?

SU Football season tickets aren't that much money. They downright give tickets away up here for football. And I want to go to the Dome, watch the team win, then go home happy after a win. Who they beat is irrelevant. Just win more!! And then we make the conference games not an impossible task of needing to win like almost all of them. And if we can only need to win a few conference games we become bowl eligible.

I would rather be getting excited about us playing in a bowl game (I don't care if its a crappy sponsor and a game nobody cares about) this week rather than watching us lose to Notre Dame or have USF smack us around and beat us in September. That's not fun. Playing games in late December/early January is fun.

My only post on this topic will be to say we have this same "schedule for success"/"schedule teams people have heard of" debate on our board, too.

Not gonna lie, Mid Tenn St makes me nervous.

Watching them right now in the Hawaii Bowl, the Rainbow Warriors are having their way on offense. Looks like MTSU loses their entire front-4(and 3 starting offensive linemen:)) to graduation. Syracuse will get their points against them and with any improvement to the defense, win this game.

Going into the bayou 3-0.

Watching them right now in the Hawaii Bowl, the Rainbow Warriors are having their way on offense. Looks like MTSU loses their entire front-4(and 3 starting offensive linemen:)) to graduation. Syracuse will get their points against them and with any improvement to the defense, win this game.

Going into the bayou 3-0.

If that happens will Dino pull a FHCSS? "We're 3-0. 3-0". ;)

Wake up 31-7 on Temple. You need to schedule like you play in the toughest division in college football...because you do.

You can keep scheduling "big names" and take the Ls, or the fans will eventually have to learn to appreciate the ACC schedule.

And being an FSU fan...I just about choked on that phrase.

Wake up 31-7 on Temple. You need to schedule like you play in the toughest division in college football...because you do.

You can keep scheduling "big names" and take the Ls, or the fans will eventually have to learn to appreciate the ACC schedule.

And being an FSU fan...I just about choked on that phrase.

Thanks Dad

the ability of cnyers to have 1 or 2 of fla st, Clemson and lville...not to mention either pitt & bc on the schedule every year and to just dismiss it as below them and not worth their time and then incredulously demand more...with aplomb...only to not show up anyway...is beautiful to behold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom