2018 roster management | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

2018 roster management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the truth: a few people on this board haven’t dropped any scoops since Hop went to Washington. They’re bitter and attack other posters who try to provide info.

Aren’t you the guy that was questioning other ppl’s character earlier in this thread? Haha. How about some self awareness.Wow!

Your truth bombs are more like pop-its
10C49B10-A437-4A24-8E92-CEA8967134F6.jpeg

My post had nothing to do with me. And you know nothing about me.
Not trying to start anything, but the way I read your post was that "They’re bitter and attack other posters who try to provide info" meant they’re bitter and attack other posters like you who try to provide info. In that light, your post did had something to do with you. Sometimes it's difficult to determine true meaning when reading pixels.
upload_2018-4-2_18-28-6.gif

Not trying to start anything, but the way I read your post was that "They’re bitter and attack other posters who try to provide info" meant they’re bitter and attack other posters like you who try to provide info. In that light, your post did had something to do with you. Sometimes it's difficult to determine true meaning when reading pixels. View attachment 125799

I’m blunt. If I want to refer to or respond to something about me, I’ll say that. I’ve had enough arrows shot at me already in this thread and others in the past few days.

If I haven’t responded to certain posts I’m probably ignoring those people. They can’t figure that out? Hysterical.

I can’t say much else or my post will be deleted. I will just say that it’s annoying that admins jump in and delete my posts and try to put words in my mouth but don’t do the same for others who have dubious track records of posting pure bull dung.

Lol. I know dashers source. I don’t know yours. Is yours a coach? Someone that talks to an actual coach on a regular basis? Is it even someone in the basketball office?
You do not know my source on this. It isn't "him".

Do you have any information that we are looking at anybody?
No. But why would JB already be targeting another recruit? This Bazley bombshell just went down. I doubt anything’s been determined concretely by the coaching staff yet. JB is at the Final Four and they probably haven’t had a chance to really discuss options for moving forward. JB isn’t one to panic at this kind of news or rush into hasty decisions. Coaches are always on the lookout for players and keep their ears to the ground. With Bazley gone, they’ll be more open to the conversation if a good fit becomes available. Give it a little time and let’s see what, if anything, develops.

I can’t say much else or my post will be deleted. I will just say that it’s annoying that admins jump in and delete my posts and try to put words in my mouth but don’t do the same for others who have dubious track records of posting pure bull dung.

That’s not fair either. I just looked at the database and went back to January. I could go back forever but it’s not worth it. You’ve had 7 posts deleted. 4 you deleted yourself. 2 were deleted because the post you responded to was deleted. 1 was outright deleted because of name calling. In total that’s a pretty good record that you should be pleased with instead of complaining. If you want to know why a post was deleted, ask via PM.

No. But why would JB already be targeting another recruit? This Bazley bombshell just went down. I doubt anything’s been determined concretely by the coaching staff yet. JB is at the Final Four and they probably haven’t had a chance to really discuss options for moving forward. JB isn’t one to panic at this kind of news or rush into hasty decisions. Coaches are always on the lookout for players and keep their ears to the ground. With Bazley gone, they’ll be more open to the conversation if a good fit becomes available. Give it a little time and let’s see what, if anything, develops.
So basically you don’t like the info provided and decide to believe what you want.
Fine.

Is it that crazy to consider that both sides of the argument are true? That initially Syracuse coaches didn’t have any viable options on the board that they would pursue immediately in light of the Bazley decision, and would be okay with the current roster/don’t want to waste a scholly on an undeserving candidate... but also will gather after the Championship in a few days, discuss the options and needs and see if they want to move forward with pursuing some potential players? Seems reasonable to me...

Is it that crazy to consider that both sides of the argument are true? That initially Syracuse coaches didn’t have any viable options on the board that they would pursue immediately in light of the Bazley decision, and would be okay with the current roster/don’t want to waste a scholly on an undeserving candidate... but also will gather after the Championship in a few days, discuss the options and needs and see if they want to move forward with pursuing some potential players? Seems reasonable to me...

Of course. And that’s what most people in this thread who’ve been bickering... want.

Christ, that post couldn't have been more reasonable. You're just looking to be offended now.
All I said don’t believe it fine.
If I am looking to be offended I would say it a lot different.
Why are you chiming in? You are the one making it more.

We have 5 guys who could replace Battle, (Howard, with Carey or Washington playing the point, Carey or Washington with Howard playing the point, Hughes or Boeheim). We have two good forwards in Brissett and Dolezaj. We have two good centers. If they get someone else it would likely be a center or forward and it will probably be just to add some depth. That would rule out grad transfers, who want to start. It's too late to pull in a blue chipper. Even the few uncommitted guys already have a short list we aren't on. I see a JUCO or EURO player and the question is: do they want to use that scholarship on them or on a better player next year?

Not sure that matters? Aren’t we likely to have 7 or 8 available scholarships next year, if no more are committed this season. Seems unlikely we would ever bring in that many guys in one year.

Perfectly reasonable.

What you are describing is one side of the argument, the other side as highlighted in posts 4 and 6 are of the nature that the staff "is not looking to add anyone else". When I asked Alsacs how he could reconcile that statement with the recent offer to Valdmir Manuel for 2018 prior to the MM and Baz departures he (and his source) couldn't. The idea that the staff would not add another forward if they could find one they liked is ridiculous.

Alsacs and Dasher just keep reciting hearing from someone as gospel, like they have never heard of the concept of "coachspeak". To me, the largest threat to SU at this time is MD leaving. There was talk of MD being a one year player and I think he went back home. The prudent thing to do would be to not allow the staff to talk about any new players until MD is back.

This post is way too reasonable for a fan message board like this. At least have the decency to call somebody a name or something... jeez.

I think we should def add someone to take Bazley's scholarship and then focus on the 2019 class. I listened to Dean's newest pod earlier and it sounds like we'll still look to add a transfer. Wouldn't mind pocketing a scholly and going after a big 2019 class.

What you are describing is one side of the argument, the other side as highlighted in posts 4 and 6 are of the nature that the staff "is not looking to add anyone else". When I asked Alsacs how he could reconcile that statement with the recent offer to Valdmir Manuel for 2018 prior to the MM and Baz departures he (and his source) couldn't. The idea that the staff would not add another forward if they could find one they liked is ridiculous.

Alsacs and Dasher just keep reciting hearing from someone as gospel, like they have never heard of the concept of "coachspeak". To me, the largest threat to SU at this time is MD leaving. There was talk of MD being a one year player and I think he went back home. The prudent thing to do would be to not allow the staff to talk about any new players until MD is back.
I don't know why I am bothering to respond but let me make this clear, I want them to add. I am not making this up. Consider my sources as good as talking to the coaches. And that isn't singular. I have left open the possibility that things could change. I hope they do. But as of this moment, the coaches don't want to take a 5th year grad and they don't like any high school sr that is left that they could get. I have a long history of giving information when I hear it. Whether it was G-mac going to verbal right through to hop being named coach in waiting. But congrats, that stops tonight. I'll just keep it to myself and share with a few friends here. You won't have to worry about hearing anything you don't like or don't agree with.

That's just so insane to me. Why haven't we pushed harder to have bigger freshmen classes when we struggle to fill out our reduced allotment of scholarships with recruits? It just seems like the staff is ok with not using every ship then when guys leave, there's no back up or potential replacement in the pipeline. It's not that simple but it shouldn't be such a grind to fill a roster out at Syracuse.

Nobody wants to rely on grad transfers every year, but when you're putting yourselves in that position, that's probably the best option. I understand being turned off by the Thorpe fiasco but AW3 and JG basically helped us avoid having a bare bones roster and a 10 win team. Not their fault they didn't fit the zone to JB's exact specifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom