2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2020 Schedule Release Wed. January 22, 2020

Bingo.

It's a win-win.

It'd be a disaster to schedule a big league game (or even a crappy opponent from far away) and have the building unavailable for the game - finding another venue and accommodations for both teams would be a nightmare.

It'd also be a letdown to open the Dome v1.1 against one of those crappy non-league schools (or even a Georgia Tech type of team) who travels with 150 fans and has no appeal to the casual CNYer.

Colgate covers both scenarios well: they bus up that day, don't require hotel rooms, and could conceivably accept a venue change to Ithaca or Buffalo; and they have a lot of local alumni and draw better than all but the biggest opponents.
Hopefully it won't come to this. If they don't have phase 1 complete, my guess is that it will involve things like no wifi, bad lighting, a leaking roof, no center hung scoreboard. That sort of thing. Nothing that is a deal breaker in my mind.

But just in case, I did some checking...

Cornell is hosting the Marist Red Foxes in a football game on 9/19 so a game in Ithaca is probably out. On the other hand, UB is playing that day at Ohio State.

I wonder if the SUAD office has made a discreet phone call to Amherst recently?

Yup. But seeing that I work in public education, that’s the first week of school. School ends at 2. Too much to make it up to BC in time for the game.

Ya thats a Fri night game, keep thinking its a Saturday. Odd that its a fri night game versus just a regular Sat game.

I'll be doing a group ticket buy

Probably limit it to 60-75 tickets.

You'll get better seats with me and cheaper. We plan a nice tailgate too.
Awesome. I will keep an eye open. I know it will be my wife, my 1 year old and myself. Thank you!!!

Hopefully it won't come to this. If they don't have phase 1 complete, my guess is that it will involve things like no wifi, bad lighting, a leaking roof, no center hung scoreboard. That sort of thing. Nothing that is a deal breaker in my mind.

Cornell is hosting the Marist Red Foxes in a football game on 9/19 so a game in Ithaca is probably out. On the other hand, UB is playing that day at Ohio State.

Ouch. I hope not.

I think everyone in the conference has to play at least one game, maybe two on off days. There has been talk the Colgate game might also be moved to a Friday night. I hope if it is played on a Saturday, that it is scheduled as a night game. I do not want any more sauna games.

Muy cliente. No mas, por favor!

Could be 4-0 with Cards coming in. Would make for good crowd in important game. Not that I am taking anyone for granted, The Maryland game that blew gameday wont soon be forgotten.

All 3 week 1 conference games are weekday games.
Thursday
Clemson at Georgia Tech
NC State at Louisville

Friday
Syracuse at Boston College.

Our game could be a ESPN game but if not for sure ACCN.

Agreed nice schedule...

But anyone who thinks we will be favored at BC on a Friday night is delusional...

They handed us our as*es last year... Need to increase our physicality 3 fold to even have a shot...

Agreed nice schedule...

But anyone who thinks we will be favored at BC on a Friday night is delusional...

They handed us our as*es last year... Need to increase our physicality 3 fold to even have a shot...
That team is totally different this year

Agreed nice schedule...

Be a very hard game to predict. SU was a much better team the last three games. Both schools have new coaches and philosophies. Impossible to call..

Agreed nice schedule...

True. A lot of confidence here about getting off to a quick start. I’m not even overly confident about winning at Rutgers. I know, I’m crazy. But not that crazy.

Lord, if you get as far as Tree House, you might as well go all the way to Boston. I’m out, though. First week of school.
Shady's Helicopter is available. You want me to come over and pick you up at 3pm?

Last edited:
We get over 45,000 for UL if we come in 4-0

It’s absolutely crucial we go 4-0, we cannot drop BC, RU or WMU.

2 new coaches and a WMU team capable of giving fits.

SU will do everything in their power to play the game in the dome. Playing it in buffalo or somewhere else would involve them having to refund some dollars which I’m sure they don’t want to do.