2021 National Signing Day Thread | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

2021 National Signing Day Thread

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath that there will be a Sweet Baby James cover for our recruits anytime soon.
All of "our" music is old, my friend. It's up to us to Teach Our Children (CSN&Y hat tip) about our music. My 19 year old likes Sinatra, Fleetwod Mac, and ABBA (my guilty pleasure!) and my 22 year old is a huge Rush fan along with the Beatles. But they've introduced me to some pretty cool music, too. It's a fun two-way street!
(And we ALL love Hamilton! But that's another story...)

I hear you. I turn 50 this year and have no clue who these rappers are. Than again, I am an old metal-head.

Not to hijack the thread, but you would be right around the age to be one of the first big fans of Headbangers Ball on MTV, yes? My older brother would babysit me and we'd watch video after video. I think I was the only Pre-Schooler who could tell you who Dave Mustaine was.

Also, Fred Coury went to the same high school as I did (dude from Cinderella).

All of "our" music is old, my friend. It's up to us to Teach Our Children (CSN&Y hat tip) about our music. My 19 year old likes Sinatra, Fleetwod Mac, and ABBA (my what should be everyone's guilty pleasure!) and my 22 year old is a huge Rush fan along with the Beatles. But they've introduced me to some pretty cool music, too. It's a fun two-way street!

FIFY.

... unless... we already have the OLine coach teed up, and it’s just not “official” yet.

But yeah - this was a great pull, regardless.

He said, “pull”...

All of "our" music is old, my friend. It's up to us to Teach Our Children (CSN&Y hat tip) about our music. My 19 year old likes Sinatra, Fleetwod Mac, and ABBA (my guilty pleasure!) and my 22 year old is a huge Rush fan along with the Beatles. But they've introduced me to some pretty cool music, too. It's a fun two-way street!

They have great taste in music. My 18 year old has introduced me to Bon Iver and Eden. He's also had me listen to Car Seat Headrest, which I'd argue is not the name of a band, if I wasn't a fan of Toad the Wet Sprocket!

Have you introduced them to a niche 80's band by the name of Tokyo Red?!

That is true. At least 'no way he should answer that'.

I assume we will all know who the new coach is soon. Probably tomorrow. Seems these things are often decided before signing day, but not announced until the day after, so recruiting is not affected.
Thats my guess, too. I would assume he spoke with the new oline coach, unless Babers convinced him without having one.

Not to hijack the thread, but you would be right around the age to be one of the first big fans of Headbangers Ball on MTV, yes? My older brother would babysit me and we'd watch video after video. I think I was the only Pre-Schooler who could tell you who Dave Mustaine was.

I was friends with Tommy Kiefer's sister Joanie. We went to college together.

With these latest signings, can anyone tell me where we'll land in terms of overall class rankings and our ACC rank?

I honestly don't know.

With these latest signings, can anyone tell me where we'll land in terms of overall class rankings and our ACC rank?

I honestly don't know.
I'd imagine near the bottom of the ACC per usual. From those in the know, it may be Dino's best class yet, but it's not like he's pulling in multiple 4 stars. I don't know of the ceiling of the class has improved, but the bottom seems to have.

Not to be greedy, great day. This is probably the end of the signing day news today unless there’s a secret kid out there somewhere. Which is always possible.

I honestly don't know.
I suspect we will be on par with recent years. Our biggest improvement seems to be on the lines, but unless you have a can't miss recruit, these are hard to grade out (see Q.White) so we will have to see. But I like what we got...we addressed needs. Now I hope it pans out!

I'd imagine near the bottom of the ACC per usual. From those in the know, it may be Dino's best class yet, but it's not like he's pulling in multiple 4 stars. I don't know of the ceiling of the class has improved, but the bottom seems to have.
I only looked at the overview but ESPN had us at 12/14 in ACC. However they mention Justin Lamson but not Garrett Shrader. So...

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath that there will be a Sweet Baby James cover for our recruits anytime soon.
I mean, James Taylor and the term bada$$, have never been synonymous. Thats only for competitive knitting.

My kids listen to some new rap, but almost every time they come home from a work out, I hear Immigrant Song, or Hendrix's Watchtower.

They introduced my wife and I to the Doom Eternal soundtrack- from a video game. Fantastic aggressive work out music.

I mean, James Taylor and the term bada$$, have never been synonymous. Thats only for competitive knitting.

My kids listen to some new rap, but almost every time they come home from a work out, I hear Immigrant Song, or Hendrix's Watchtower.

They introduced my wife and I to the Doom Eternal soundtrack- from a video game. Fantastic aggressive work out music.
Hey, they just haven't heard Steamroller live! :p

Ahh yes, loved Headbangers Ball. Sadly, Metal/Hard Rock are not as popular as they used to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom