2021 PGA Tour | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

2021 PGA Tour

Yes, English is a relative unknown who has really come into his own. There are a ton of great golfers but they need all the stars to align to be successful on a consistent basis. BTW, a great week for Jason Day who's name hasn't been mentioned in a long time and same for Bubba Watson who had a great 3.5 days. Glad to see borh playing well.
Another very good week for Jason Day and Bubba Watson back to back. Very glad to see.

Cam Davis and Troy Merritt now on their 5th playoff hole

Cam Davis and Troy Merritt now on their 5th playoff hole
Davis wins his 1st PGA title in 71 starts. Congrats. Didn't exactly light it up in OT but took advantage of mistakes by his opponents.

Twitter blocked at work so I'm guessing its the clip of the weirdo taking a club out of Rory's bag. Rory should've fired that caddy on the spot. Steve Williams would have beaten the crap out of anyone who tried that with Tiger.

A caddie is not a bodyguard, really, except in extreme circumstances. And while there should have been better security, the responsibility still rests with the dork who grabbed the club. And let's not get too indignant, nobody was hurt. Toss him in the slammer for a night or two and be done with it.

A caddie is not a bodyguard, really, except in extreme circumstances. And while there should have been better security, the responsibility still rests with the dork who grabbed the club. And let's not get too indignant, nobody was hurt. Toss him in the slammer for a night or two and be done with it.

I have to agree with this.

The guy wasn't being violent -- just a whole lot of idiot and probably on a drunken dare. The caddie's job is not security or getting into a fight and nobody was really threatened. I think all the guys handled it properly. Just let the idiot run his course.

The bigger question is course security.

Hideki and Bubba both out of the Open for Covid reasons. Hideki has/had it and Bubba was with someone that has it. Sucks.

Hideki and Bubba both out of the Open for Covid reasons. Hideki has/had it and Bubba was with someone that has it. Sucks.

Bubba's probably not really all tore up about it. He's said in the past he has a hard time on British Open courses because it's so hard to see a fairway there, he can't get set up properly. It's true, they do look like lunar landscapes.
noidea.gif

Last edited:
Saw the final round of the US Senior Open. I've always liked Jim Furyk, even though I was pulling for Mike Weir. But ya gotta like Fluff Cowan, who was interviewed after the round was over. What a good caddie and solid guy. :)

Last edited:
Not much talk of the British Open yet.

This course has generated two of biggest underdog winners in the last 20 years.

Darren Clarke was 111th in the world entering the 2011 open. (It was similar to Mickelson winning the 2021 PGA at 116th)

Ben Curtis was 393rd in the world entering the 2003 open.

I'm going to pick a handful of 250-1 and greater longshots this week (Win/Top 8) split bets.

Darren Clarke was 111th in the world entering the 2011 open. (It was similar to Mickelson winning the 2021 PGA at 116th)

I'm going to pick a handful of 250-1 and greater longshots this week (Win/Top 8) split bets.
My bets are in the gambling thread. Very hard to predict.

Last I knew, the weather forecast is really good. Every day is supposed to be sunny and the winds only moderate.

Maybe helps the Americans a bit. Rahm is very hard to pick against right now.

I took koepka, JT and Hatton. Turning stone didn’t have a prop for Bryson to miss the cut. I think that’s a good one.

I took koepka, JT and Hatton. Turning stone didn’t have a prop for Bryson to miss the cut. I think that’s a good one.
Bryson hits the ball higher than anyone. That is a big asset on greens that do not hold the ball well. But it is very tough for anyone who hits it that high to do well in high winds.

He says he is going to dial it back some.

This model likes Thomas, Keopka and Rahm. I like Morikawa.

Koepka
Reed
Scott
Hoffman
Woodland

I took 15 players at 300-1 or more (with 1/5 split payout on top 8 finish which is the attractive part of the bet). The OPEN is more of a crapshoot then other majors historically, and Royal St George's moreso than the others.

Probably took about 30% of the players between the 300-500 range. And so far they are looking good as 3 of them are Mackenzie Hughes (350-1), Jack Senior (400-1), and Justin Harding (300-1). I passed on An and Harman who were also in that range.

Of the group I also took 3 amateur longshots around 700-1. There is more of a history of amateurs hanging around at the OPEN. And I took the random old guy to hang around which happens more at the Open -- Ernie Els at 600-1

Rest of my craptastic 15 with 300-1 odds plus were:

Armitage
Dahmen
Gooch
Lin (A)
Schmidt (A)
Burmester
Kanaya
Von Tonder
Veersman
Jazz J
Cole Hammer (A)

Only one that is out of it already is Cole Hammer. 8 of the top 15 are under par.

Other then my craptastic 15, I took one other guy as I made a note to finally stop ignorning him - Louis Oosthuizen.

Other smaller bets I took to round out my OPEN betting

Hatton - First Round Leader (40-1)
Neimann - Top 10 (+500)
Garcia - Top 20 (+250)
Thomas - Miss Cut (+333)
Dechambeau - Miss Cut (+240)
Cut 143 and Under - +170
European Winner - +100
Hughes Top Canadian - +225

Last edited:
It's nice to watch some golf without hearing about "Top Tracer Technology" every time somebody swings a club.

Is it just me, or have they turned Royal St. George's into just another PGA course? Doesn't look like the Open to me.

Is it just me, or have they turned Royal St. George's into just another PGA course? Doesn't look like the Open to me.
Guys are hitting from the weeds onto the green with no issues. Where is thick heather when you need her.

I dunno. Lunar landscape panoramas, wildly undulating fairways and greens, blind landing areas from the tee, shell craters for bunkers, pant legs fluttering in the breeze, lots of long sleeves and jackets in the gallery, looks like the British Open to me. :)

I dunno. Lunar landscape panoramas, wildly undulating fairways and greens, blind landing areas from the tee, shell craters for bunkers, pant legs fluttering in the breeze, lots of long sleeves and jackets in the gallery, looks like the British Open to me. :)
Lunar landscapes don't glow fairway green. They look barren, desolate. Maybe that's what's bothering me--the mounds and ridges are camouflaged by all that greenery.

Lunar landscapes don't glow fairway green. They look barren, desolate. Maybe that's what's bothering me--the mounds and ridges are camouflaged by all that greenery.

The head groundskeeper did say during the interviews yesterday they've had a lot of rain over the last few weeks.