2021 PGA Tour | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

2021 PGA Tour

Only wish his image rehab was as painful. Have never seen an athlete get such a free pass.

A few days before the accident Tiger went on TV all gakked up. Falling asleep at the wheel that early in the AM means he was still blazed from the night before. Of course we'll never know since the nothing to see here sheriff's dept. didn't drug test him.

I don't dislike Bryson, but I'm okay that Brooks doesn't like him and also that he's honest about it. For while he's interesting to watch on TV, I get it that he's not good to play with because he's slow and methodical, and I really dislike slow play.

unnamed.png

I do the same thing. Bat/throw/golf lefty and write with my right hand.

It's interesting. Apparently it's not uncommon, even among professional athletes. Russell Westbrook and Rudy Gobert both shoot righty and write lefty. Mike Conley and Ben Simmons shoot lefty and write righty. I'm right hand dominant, but shoot left in hockey.

A young guy from my country club just qualified for the US Open. He made it through local and sectional qualifying. Good player who won the Big 12 conference tournament a couple of years ago, beating guys like Victor Hovland. He turned pro out of college but trying to find status and places to play (mini-tours, Monday qualifiers, etc).

So if you want an underdog to root for at the US Open next month, root for Hayden Springer.

Great to see a career journeyman have a magical year. He was leakin' oil down the stretch, but so was Jordan.
Can he make a big push for the Ryder Cup? Even with two wins and 5th in the FEDEX standings, I doubt his name gets thrown in the hat by many.

well if you look at the team after the top 6 that qualify right now..

reed
finau
spieth
berger
simpson
'horschel
kokrak
cantley
english
scheffler
Phil

Spieth Is a lock
reed probably a lock

Phil has alot left to prove

after that Kokrak has probably played better than most of the them for awhile

Jon Rahm, who finished his round today leading the Memorial by 6 strokes going into the final day, just tested positive for COVID and can't finish the tournament.

My question is, why can't he play tomorrow by himself? No caddie, no partner, no nothing.
1622931931934.gif

Jon Rahm, who finished his round today leading the Memorial by 6 strokes going into the final day, just tested positive for COVID and can't finish the tournament.

My question is, why can't he play tomorrow by himself? No caddie, no partner, no nothing. View attachment 201883

I just saw that. Wow. He was kicking ass too. His parents are coming in from Spain this week too.

Jon Rahm leaves the 18th green at The Memorial with a 6 shot lead after 54 holes, and gets told he's tested positive for Covid-19 and will have to withdraw. Tested negative all week long, was positive this morning and then a second test confirmed it. A cruel twist after scoring an ace in the morning while completing the rain-delayed second round.

Last edited:

My question is, why can't he play tomorrow by himself? No caddie, no partner, no nothing. View attachment 201883
I think there is a PGA rule on this. No exceptions.

Jon learned when in disease ridden B1G country, you have to always wear a mask.

I think there is a PGA rule on this. No exceptions.

Jon learned when in disease ridden B1G country, you have to always wear a mask.
I know. It just seems to me that he could have started in the last paring (singling?) tomorrow, carrying his own bag, not coming in contact with anyone. Especially since the country has started to open up. They could have worked it so he didn't come in close contact with anyone.
1622937097273.gif