2022-23 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training...

So, who do the Yankees want to keep? I would like to see definitely Benintendi, Green, Judge and Taillon. Probably Carpenter, depending on how they see the young guys fitting in.

So, who do the Yankees want to keep? I would like to see definitely Benintendi, Green, Judge and Taillon. Probably Carpenter, depending on how they see the young guys fitting in.

Green just had TJ surgery last June 1. He's unavailable for most of 2023.

Green just had TJ surgery last June 1. He's unavailable for most of 2023.
I still want him on the Yankees. I'm not sure the right way to play it, do you not sign him and hope nobody else does?

I still want him on the Yankees. I'm not sure the right way to play it, do you not sign him and hope nobody else does?

He made 4M in 2022. You'd have to sign him to a 2 year deal and hope that he fully recovers. Pointless to sign him just for 2023 when he might not even see the field until September (like that worked great for Britton).

And he would have to eat up a spot on the 40 man roster until after the Rule 5 Draft, when they can transfer him back to the 60 Day DL.

I dont care how many games we win during the regular season. We have a demonstrated ability to crap out in the playoffs and not make the WS.

I'd rather be a bubble team and make the FF than to win 30 games and lose in the first round.

That's because of their analytics based approach that values home runs over on base percentage and making contact.

Baseball isn't baseball anymore. It's Home Run Derby.

Except that that doesn't work when you face elite pitchers every single game in the playoffs. It's been shown for a decade now.

You have to be able to scratch out runs against great pitchers. That's how you win in the post-season.

That's because of their analytics based approach that values home runs over on base percentage and making contact.

Baseball isn't baseball anymore. It's Home Run Derby.

Except that that doesn't work when you face elite pitchers every single game in the playoffs. It's been shown for a decade now.

You have to be able to scratch out runs against great pitchers. That's how you win in the post-season.
That’s not true. Home runs still decide most playoff and World Series games

They value on base percentage. It’s batting average that is not valued.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom