2022-23 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

2022-23 Yankees Off Season / Spring Training...

I'm surprised Rizzo signed this quick. I figured he'd wait to see if Judge was coming back before committing to NY himself.
maybe it's a good sign? Or a bad sign depending on how you look at it

That's because of their analytics based approach that values home runs over on base percentage and making contact.

Baseball isn't baseball anymore. It's Home Run Derby.

Except that that doesn't work when you face elite pitchers every single game in the playoffs. It's been shown for a decade now.

You have to be able to scratch out runs against great pitchers. That's how you win in the post-season.
This is why the shift against lefties came into being. A "power bunt" toward 3rd base that gets past the pitcher is an automatic base hit, but nobody does it. Would any team have dared to use the shift against Wade Boggs (assuming he wasn't converted into a power hitter in the minors today)?

So judges homerun ball going to auction
The owner refused a 3 million dollar offer. I assume there will be a high reserve. Bit of a risky move? What if it doesn’t meet the reserve ? The original offer may then be reduced. Just takes one whack job New York fan to send its price soaring though

I guess this means they aren’t planning on the prospects contributing this year. If you go by dollar / WAR, that’s only 2 million per BWAR. That’s cheap

I guess this means they aren’t planning on the prospects contributing this year. If you go by dollar / WAR, that’s only 2 million per BWAR. That’s cheap
IKF has trade value. There are far worse than him playing in MLB. He hits .260 and there are so many shortstops below .220 or barely at .200. I expect he will be traded before the end of spring training if brass is comfortable with Peraza's play during the spring games.

IKF has trade value. There are far worse than him playing in MLB. He hits .260 and there are so many shortstops below .220 or barely at .200. I expect he will be traded before the end of spring training if brass is comfortable with Peraza's play during the spring games.
He hits singles and his defense leaves a lot to be desired, his arm strength is terrible. Seemed like every crucial game he came up empty.

I heard 337 million initially. I don't think 8 years/300 is enough for him to sign.

That wasn't an offer by the Yankees; that was a press estimate of the contract he could get on the open market.

Personally, he's 31 years old. I wouldn't go past 7 years, and pay him more per year.

That wasn't an offer by the Yankees; that was a press estimate of the contract he could get on the open market.

Personally, he's 31 years old. I wouldn't go past 7 years, and pay him more per year.
What was the Offer he turned down pre-season ?

I def agree on no more than 7-8 years.

I def agree on no more than 7-8 years.
SOMEONE is going to overpay him in either years or years. The question is by how much and what else could you do with the cash? I just don’t see 6-7 , 270 lb humans aging well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom