2022 Schedule Guesses | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Schedule Guesses

I’m Hoping for a Syracuse Maryland Men and Women doubleheader that day… just a guess.. or wishful thinking.. lol
50% right, but the women will be playing to top team also. UMD women dropped SU and UNC from their schedule this year.

50% right, but the women will be playing to top team also. UMD women dropped SU and UNC from their schedule this year.
Ok.. thanks!!!
I’ll be there no matter who they are playing!! Lol

The Stony Brook game is confirmed for Saturday March 19th at 3 pm. The 2022 schedule disappeared from their website for a while. Also these schedule announcements are getting pretty intricate. Impressive!

The Stony Brook game is confirmed for Saturday March 19th at 3 pm. The 2022 schedule disappeared from their website for a while. Also these schedule announcements are getting pretty intricate. Impressive!

Their old schedule said Friday March 19.

I guess they needed to wait for a 2022 calendar.

EF0FA362-BFAC-46EE-857E-0737FA529BC5.jpeg

Someone dropped this on fb.. don’t know how reliable it is?

And according to the schedule they have two Thursday games against Duke and North Carolina which leads me to believe that they’re going to do the ACC Thursday night game again this year

And according to the schedule they have two Thursday games against Duke and North Carolina which leads me to believe that they’re going to do the ACC Thursday night game again this year
I could be wrong but I think the Corrigan interview that was posted earlier said that the the Thursday night games were a viewed by ACC HQ as a hit and would continue, 1 home and 1 away for everyone IIRC.

Last edited:
Why is it that everyone else's lax schedule is done except Syracuse...come on post the damn schedule

Why is it that everyone else's lax schedule is done except Syracuse...come on post the damn schedule

Everyone's schedule except Syracuse
and UVa
and Duke
and UNC
and ND (although it's been leaked).

SU is always one of the last to announce their schedule, just how it is. You can piece together most of it from other teams who have released their schedules.

About as we expected, a few general thoughts.

One thing we heard was that SU was going to look to pay some different opponents and play more games then they had under Desko. Outside of the Maryland game this looks pretty similar or really identical. Where are the new opponents? Where are the get right games?

Said it before a few times but not a fan of the Maryland game this year, asking a lot of a new HC and a revamped offense. That said if your gonna do that it has to be balanced out a bit with a few cupcakes, playing only one true cupcake in Holy Cross with this team is asking for trouble. Yes SU always plays a murderous schedule but this is the schedule a team like Duke or UVA or Maryland shoudl be playing, not this current SU team.

The last 7 games might be he toughest stretch of any team in the country. Duke at ND, at Albany, Cornell, @ UNC, UVA, ND. Yikes. Needed a Siena or Canisius or St. Bonaventure in there to break things up. People should be prepared for some serious growing pains.

One thing we heard was that SU was going to look to pay some different opponents and play more games then they had under Desko. Outside of the Maryland game this looks pretty similar or really identical. Where are the new opponents? Where are the get right games?

Said it before a few times but not a fan of the Maryland game this year, asking a lot of a new HC and a revamped offense. That said if your gonna do that it has to be balanced out a bit with a few cupcakes, playing only one true cupcake in Holy Cross with this team is asking for trouble. Yes SU always plays a murderous schedule but this is the schedule a team like Duke or UVA or Maryland shoudl be playing, not this current SU team.

The last 7 games might be he toughest stretch of any team in the country. Duke at ND, at Albany, Cornell, @ UNC, UVA, ND. Yikes. Needed a Siena or Canisius or St. Bonaventure in there to break things up. People should be prepared for some serious growing pains.

Agreed on most points though I'd argue Hobart at home is pretty cupcake-y.

Go 2-4 in the ACC and 6-2 outside the conference and that should be enough for an NCAA bid. That bakes in wins against HC and Hobart, a loss to Maryland, and then one more loss to Cornell/Army/Hopkins/Albany/SBU.

Looking forward to the Cornell game... Kirst brother number 4 - CJ - is playing for them.

Jeremy, I respectfully disagree with the idea of having more games against weak teams(cupcakes). I don't think these games have served the Orange well in the past. The orange can beat these teams while playing sloppy and all it does is foster bad habits (see missed groundballs against better competition). It doesn't help the defense any either. Those blowouts are fools gold. If the Orange are not ready to play that schedule then they don't belong in the conversation and we know exactly where we stand as to what kind of team they are. Personally, I think they are going to be better than last years team. Can't wait for the season to begin.

Agreed on most points though I'd argue Hobart at home is pretty cupcake-y.

Go 2-4 in the ACC and 6-2 outside the conference and that should be enough for an NCAA bid. That bakes in wins against HC and Hobart, a loss to Maryland, and then one more loss to Cornell/Army/Hopkins/Albany/SBU.

I agree that Hobart isn't on the same arch as an Army or obviously JHU or Cornell but as a rivalry game I put it above say a Holy Cross or Bingo or Gate because your always gonna get their best shot and in a potential down/rebuilding year it becomes a nightmare game to play. As much as it pains me to say I also think its hard to see how this current SU team goes 5-1 against Cornell, Army, Hop, Albany and SBU, especially when three of the 5 are on the road. The Army game especially sets up as a brutal matchup.

Jeremy, I respectfully disagree with the idea of having more games against weak teams(cupcakes). I don't think these games have served the Orange well in the past. The orange can beat these teams while playing sloppy and all it does is foster bad habits (see missed groundballs against better competition). It doesn't help the defense any either. Those blowouts are fools gold. If the Orange are not ready to play that schedule then they don't belong in the conversation and we know exactly where we stand as to what kind of team they are. Personally, I think they are going to be better than last years team. Can't wait for the season to begin.

Well I certainly agree that playing a schedule like Michigan or even Rutty doesn't serve this team well at all. That said we also have to be honest on where the team/program is right now. This current SU team has a lot of potential promise but its not a title contender and is if were being honest probably last in the ACC (as of now). It does have a lot of 5th year guys who are capable of carrying this team (especially on offense) but your breaking in a new staff and even with March back the offense is likely to be very different and the 2 mid lines will be radically different and the defense is a complete overhaul.

I know blowouts can sometimes feel like fools gold but you need games to work the kinks out, try different combos, and get some of the young guys who aren't gonna play some run. Not many games to do that with this year. SU's bad habits have been around for years unfortunately and I don't think are a product of the schedule. I mean SU beat the National Champ twice last year and it didn't do us jack against G-town in the tourney. Coaching will be the emphasis for trying to clean up those issues more then the opponent.

It pains me to say this but when you say " in the conversation" this SU team probably isn't, it just doesn't have the pieces to be a Memorial weekend team. This squad making the tourney and having a good showing is really the goal for this year, not sure this current schedule will allow us to do that. This schedule is what I would expect for the 2024 team, not this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom