2022 Season Ticket Price Map | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

2022 Season Ticket Price Map

Maybe SU should ask for the money back and then give the money to STHs to ease the pain.

In all seriousness why are we hiring an outside firm? Couldn't we make it a yearly project from kids in Falk to analyze? Ticketmaster has a secondary market, and is a partner of SU. Shouldn't we be able to get that data to get a better sense of the football ticket market value? Don't they use it anyway for dynamic pricing?

If $50 individual tickets are going unsold and STH $50 tickets are going for $25 on the secondary market, that would indicate that you are overpriced. And if that $50 is pretty full and the secondary market is going for $75, that would indicate that you are underpriced.

Didn't we have an issue in 2019 where the individual dynamic price was under STH face value, and it angered some fans?
Virtually every Power Five School (and most lower level ones) outsource ticket sales now. It is virtually impossible to retain a professional, commission based sales staff year round when demand is so cyclical. Learfield Ticket Solutions (IMG) is the most prevalent with nearly 40 partners including Duke, Oklahoma, Pitt, Ohio State, Texas A&M and others. Legends (our partner) offers a broader range of services and was started as a joint initiative by the New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys. They have about 25 partners in NCAA D1 with Notre Dame being the flagship logo. (until we signed on m of course). Legends has been working with Syracuse on a consulting bases since around 2016.

All I can say is I'm very disappointed. I'm in the 80% increase. My wife was already on the fence for renewing because we miss half the games. Most games we miss, we can't even give them way let alone sell them. I think we were the only ones in our row the whole season and there was one couple in the row behind us. I don't disagree that they were underpriced, just shouldn't be such a jump, especially for people who have been paying to watch the on field results past few years. I can tell you the $ I saved on tickets just went to buying lots beer at the dome to drown out my sorrows. If we renew I'm definitely not spending the money on their concessions. I love cuse football but I'll just end up going to one or two games a year and buy my old seasons on stub hub for 10 dollars a game

I think you are using prices when the program was operating at a different level.

I hope the powers that be understand now is not the right time to 'true up' pricing for hoops. It would be better to keep pricing where it is for now and wait until we become good again before exploring this further.
Well , with that in mind we certainly should not have raised football prices . Our tickets went up 55+%

Well , with that in mind we certainly should not have raised football prices . Our tickets went up 55+%

if you were looking to move there were lots of open seats in 308 on the other side of the students

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but tax deductions for charitable contributions associated with ticket purchases went away in 2018. Working in tax, I have no idea why universities break out the ticket price this way other than increasing the total amount of donors they can claim?

Regardless, I’m in the $225 to $500 boat and really unsure if I’m renewing.
How about that. Guess that’s why I don’t do my own taxes.

All I can say is I'm very disappointed. I'm in the 80% increase. My wife was already on the fence for renewing because we miss half the games. Most games we miss, we can't even give them way let alone sell them. I think we were the only ones in our row the whole season and there was one couple in the row behind us. I don't disagree that they were underpriced, just shouldn't be such a jump, especially for people who have been paying to watch the on field results past few years. I can tell you the $ I saved on tickets just went to buying lots beer at the dome to drown out my sorrows. If we renew I'm definitely not spending the money on their concessions. I love cuse football but I'll just end up going to one or two games a year and buy my old seasons on stub hub for 10 dollars a game
I'd at least move to a cheaper section. If you don't make the Notre Dame game you should be able to get a premium for those tickets.

How about that. Guess that’s why I don’t do my own taxes.
You might read this...

So how does the process work if you might want to move seats? Is it you can move now where there is open inventory or wait til April and see which STHs shifted seats? If STHs sfift now to open inventory, do the seats they used to have immediately go back into inventory? There are obviously some value plays here but I am not completely clear on the rules of engagement. For some reason I thought they offered STHs movement rights first in mid March but my memory is a bit fuzzy on that.

Virtually every Power Five School (and most lower level ones) outsource ticket sales now. It is virtually impossible to retain a professional, commission based sales staff year round when demand is so cyclical. Learfield Ticket Solutions (IMG) is the most prevalent with nearly 40 partners including Duke, Oklahoma, Pitt, Ohio State, Texas A&M and others. Legends (our partner) offers a broader range of services and was started as a joint initiative by the New York Yankees and Dallas Cowboys. They have about 25 partners in NCAA D1 with Notre Dame being the flagship logo. (until we signed on m of course). Legends has been working with Syracuse on a consulting bases since around 2016.

There is nothing wrong with using consulting. Especially for service (sales, etc). Strategy though cannot be cookie cutter. If SU has been using Legends the last 5 years it is obvious that they have a total lack of understanding of both the SU BBall and FB markets. Now maybe SU is being cheap and only buying the cookie cutter solution, but even so the upper deck sideline sideline pricing is totally inept and the person who came up with it should be removed from working with SU, if not fired.

Part of me wonders if the price increase is to reduce STHs on the sidelines. That way when real seating is put in SU won't have to deal with displacing people due to reduced capacity. People will self displace now due to the pricing.

I still can't believe the upper sidelines. You cannot have 4 price points in the same section with huge gaps between those price points.

A person in A with 2 tickets was paying $1000. Now they have to pay $1300 and be disgruntled or they can move back a dozen rows to B and still pay $1000 but will also be disgruntled.

A person in B was paying $800 and now has to pay $1000 or they can move back a dozen rows and pay only $700, which is $100 less than last year.

A person who was non premium but now B was paying $450 and now has $1000!!! They can move back a dozen rows but still pay $700, two dozen rows but still pay $600, or possibly three dozen rows (302 for example) and pay only $250. All of those options suck for these people.

A person who was non premium but now C was paying $450 and now has $700! They can move back a dozen rows but still pay $600, or possibly two dozen rows (302 for example) and pay only $250.

A person who was non premium but now D was paying $450 and now has $600. They can move back possibly a dozen rows (302 for example) and pay only $250.

A person who was near the top of the Dome was paying $450 and now has only $250! Why in the world would SU cut these tickets which are pretty good seats by $100 each? Especially when there could be an increase in demand due to displaced people from the price hiked rows?

What are these new prices like in contrast to other schools in our conference, are we at, below or above average now? Genuinely curious.

I know things don’t exist in a vacuum, and every school is different, but I am curious to know.

What are these new prices like in contrast to other schools in our conference, are we at, below or above average now? Genuinely curious.

I know things don’t exist in a vacuum, and every school is different, but I am curious to know.

I haven't checked others, but I can't imagine that anyone, with a 7 home game schedule that includes Notre Dame (and a good, fun to watch Purdue team) would sell 25-30% of their capacity at a season ticket price of $99 or $125.

And there isn't a bad view among those seats. I've been at the top of the end zone upper deck, and currently sit at the bottom of the end zone upper deck. Dome bleachers are built so close to the field, and not all that high, you don't miss a thing for football.

This is last season for Wake.

Their best seats were $485 and ours were $500. They also had 50 yard line seats for $235. Their cheap seats were $175.

I haven't checked others, but I can't imagine that anyone, with a 7 home game schedule that includes Notre Dame (and a good, fun to watch Purdue team) would sell 25-30% of their capacity at a season ticket price of $99 or $125.

And there isn't a bad view among those seats. I've been at the top of the end zone upper deck, and currently sit at the bottom of the end zone upper deck. Dome bleachers are built so close to the field, and not all that high, you don't miss a thing for football.

There isn't a bad seat in the Dome. There are a lot of great value seats. Even if we pack the cheap seats and student section, we will have a lot of empties along the sidelines. That hurts our home field advantage. That hurts recruiting. That hurts advertising. It makes us look bad on TV.

SU has struggled for years to get people between the 20s. So the solution is to expand (instead of contracting) the premium zones and hike the prices?

Maybe they think some ND fans will buy them up and try to sell other games on the secondary market?

tumblr_lyu3qdOOhx1qir083o9_r1_400.gif

Syracuse before the raise was just about the cheapest overall in the ACC. Now they are about average.

However, the Dome offers a huge amount of very cheap $99 and $125 tickets. That is some of the best deals in all of the P5.

There is something for everyone.

Glad to hear that as we’re committed to the upper deck corner now and I’ve never sat up there before.

Part of me wonders if the price increase is to reduce STHs on the sidelines. That way when real seating is put in SU won't have to deal with displacing people due to reduced capacity. People will self displace now due to the pricing.

I still can't believe the upper sidelines. You cannot have 4 price points in the same section with huge gaps between those price points.

A person in A with 2 tickets was paying $1000. Now they have to pay $1300 and be disgruntled or they can move back a dozen rows to B and still pay $1000 but will also be disgruntled.

A person in B was paying $800 and now has to pay $1000 or they can move back a dozen rows and pay only $700, which is $100 less than last year.

A person who was non premium but now B was paying $450 and now has $1000!!! They can move back a dozen rows but still pay $700, two dozen rows but still pay $600, or possibly three dozen rows (302 for example) and pay only $250. All of those options suck for these people.

A person who was non premium but now C was paying $450 and now has $700! They can move back a dozen rows but still pay $600, or possibly two dozen rows (302 for example) and pay only $250.

A person who was non premium but now D was paying $450 and now has $600. They can move back possibly a dozen rows (302 for example) and pay only $250.

A person who was near the top of the Dome was paying $450 and now has only $250! Why in the world would SU cut these tickets which are pretty good seats by $100 each? Especially when there could be an increase in demand due to displaced people from the price hiked rows?
These are the same people who can’t even get the colored seating chart correct. That should answer your question.

Glad to hear that as we’re committed to the upper deck corner now and I’ve never sat up there before.

If you ever feel like you might be far away, go visit another stadium and you'll realize how good we have it.

Not saying you'd feel that way, but I know some do. It's can be rough for hoops being way up high. But for football it's great.