2022 USMNT Thread | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

2022 USMNT Thread

Look…. Domestic violence is serious. But what are we talking about here? 18 years old? Married now for decades with no incidents?

so she held on to this info for all this time and when her son throws a hissy and doesnt get to play she throws it out there?

I try to give the Reynas the benefit of the doubt because of their horrific experience of losing a child to cancer.

This makes that exceedingly difficult.

Berhalter should step down fair or not and Claudio shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the USMNT again.

Hope he and his wife realize how awful they just made things for Gio. Just a giant mess.

Berhalter should step down fair or not and Claudio shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the USMNT again.

Hope he and his wife realize how awful they just made things for Gio. Just a giant mess.

Gio unfortunately should get a shadow ban of 12 months so that he understands and other players understand you're responsible for problems your family makes that are not necessary.

Gio unfortunately should get a shadow ban of 12 months so that he understands and other players understand you're responsible for problems your family makes that are not necessary.
That is fair too.

Sorry. I don't care if you and your husband think you are US Soccer "royalty". Neither one of you should have ANY contact with soccer in the United States in the future, and as far as I'm concerned, your son can go play for Italy, or any other country that would "want" scum like you.

I HOPE GIO REINA NEVER PLAYS FOR THE US AGAIN. F%CK THE REINA FAMILY. BLACKMAILERS. SCUM.

I hope Berhalter sues them for millions of dollars, resigns from USMNT and gets a job coaching in Europe.

Sorry. I don't care if you and your husband think you are US Soccer "royalty". Neither one of you should have ANY contact with soccer in the United States in the future, and as far as I'm concerned, your son can go play for Italy, or any other country that would "want" scum like you.

I HOPE GIO REINA NEVER PLAYS FOR THE US AGAIN. F%CK THE REINA FAMILY. BLACKMAILERS. SCUM.

I hope Berhalter sues them for millions of dollars, resigns from USMNT and gets a job coaching in Europe.

Yep. We don't need them.

The only way back for Gio is to publicly break with his parents and throw them under the bus.

Well this is a mess. If true then Reyna might not even make the team going forward (if Berhalter remains).
When you say true, you mean that Claudio was the blackmailer?

Screw Gio. It's Forza's gain. Doesn't he have Italian citizenship, too?

Well, it sounds like his wife, but this has to be something they cooked up together and probably hired a private investigator to dig into. They ruined Berhalter's career in the US, on purpose.

Screw Gio. It's Forza's gain. Doesn't he have Italian citizenship, too?

He hasn't been healthy or done anything much to help the USMNT anyways so it's not a big loss anyways.

What about Gio Reyna?

He hasn't been healthy or done anything much to help the USMNT anyways so it's not a big loss anyways.

I've always believed that he's going to be very good. But maybe not.

Maybe he's too "entitled". Maybe he's not a hard worker. Maybe he's a bit spoiled.

Maybe he's a jerk. I found it very weird that literally nobody was willing to even look at him after games at the World Cup. He was literally alone in the stadium. Seemed very strange. We found out why later.

He does seem to get hurt an awful lot for such a young guy. Maybe he's not tough enough.

But let's not forget, Berhalter talking about the guy he almost sent home at that private function would not be known if it wasn't for Gio reacting on Twitter, saying "I thought I was forgiven. You're dragging me through the mud." Uh, I didn't originally connect that until you reacted almost immediately afterwards. Your parents didn't wait very long to blackmail Berhalter with US Soccer - they started during the World Cup! Yikes!

Yes, at the time it wasn't confirmed and rumor that the Reyna's were behind the story. Don't see how Gio makes the team going forward no matter the manager. Not worth the headache.

Yes, at the time it wasn't confirmed and rumor that the Reyna's were behind the story. Don't see how Gio makes the team going forward no matter the manager. Not worth the headache.

This ain't little league, or high school, where if you yell loud enough as a parent, they improve the grade, or start your little darling at pitcher. America sucks.

Aside from blackmail, which is still officially only on his wife, as the source of the info to US Soccer. But the article says they were both (Danielle and Claudio) "on the call" when this information was discovered, according to the ESPN article. So, that was probably the call from the P.I.

I'm confused, though, because in a subsequent statement, Danielle alleges that Berhalter's wife told him all this when they were on the USWNT as roommates. Well, that would be at least several years after the incident, which happened in high school, according to ESPN.

It seems that Claudio, aside from the PR offensive during the early days of the WC, also was privately texting Brian McBride and Earnie Stewart (the Boss at US Soccer) and threatening to "take him down" with their explosive info.

While the Reyna's might be in damage control right now, I think they are the losers in this situation, and they are going to be substantially lighter in the pocket when this is over.

This quote from mommy dearest is a beaut and takes you into her (air) head space.

Danielle Reyna said in a statement on Wednesday: "I thought it was especially unfair that Gio, who had apologized for acting immaturely about his playing time, was still being dragged through the mud when Gregg had asked for and received forgiveness for doing something so much worse at the same age."

What does that have to do with anything ! Is this AYSO orange wedge soccer Saturday?

It's sad that Reyna has so much entitlement all because he is one of the bigger names in U.S. soccer when there were few at all. Things have changed- he aren't special anymore and this perverse belief he is needs to be met with a swift kick in the ass away from U.S. Soccer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom